Lord knew she wanted to open that door and lose herself in Marcus's bed. She wanted desperately to let him show her more of the pleasure that he had given her yesterday in the barn.... But she simply couldn't do it. Yesterday had been a fluke... Today the cautious Abbey was back. The Abbey who had learned the hard way that good things didn't happen for her; the Abbey who had no idea how to latch on to happiness and have fun because her entire life for ten years had simply been survival.

                Hating herself for not being able to simply give in to the brothers without doubting herself, Abbey walked down the hall. She was nearing the staircase, just passing Julian's room, when she heard a groan come from inside.

                Abbey frowned.

                She could hear running water, a shower, coming from inside the room as well. Unable to stop herself, Abbey put her ear to the door and heard the sound again. It was a deep, masculine moan that could not be mistaken for anything other than a moan of pleasure.

                Jealousy shot through Abbey like a blazing bolt of lightning. She wasn't entirely sure what got into her as she threw open Julian's door and strode toward the closed bathroom door that was inside. It was as if something, or someone, else was in control of her body as she prepared herself to take care of whoever was pleasuring her mate!

                Abbey's hand was reaching for the bathroom door when Julian moaned again and this time it was Abbey's name that left his lips.

                Abbey heard the unmistakable sound of Julian pleasuring himself and her heart thundered. He was thinking of her as he did that? Abbey had never been the source of anyone's desire before. Joseph certainly hadn't acted as if she was anything special but Julian and Marcus clearly thought she was.....

                She forgot all about fear and uncertainty then. Whatever had taken over her body to bring her this far into Julian's room was still ruling her. Her mate was calling out for her, he needed her, and she was powerless against that need.  Abbey opened the bathroom door and stepped inside.                

***

                Julian wasn't proud of the fact that he was sneaking a bit of pleasure in the shower like a teenage boy but hell what else was he supposed to do? He had to release some of his pent up arousal for Abbey or he would leap upon her and ravish her soft body senseless the second he saw her.

                As his hand stroked his hard cock he thought of Abbey's face. Her expressive but often sad green eyes, those full lips and flushed cheeks. His mind's eye went lower to the way her breasts curved in her shirts. What would those breasts look like free of clothing? What would her nipples look like hard and swollen from the assault of his hungry mouth?

                Lower still his imagination took him until he was stroking Abbey's quivering pussy instead of his own throbbing arousal. It was her juices pouring over his fingers instead of the running water and it was her heat steaming the room.

                Abbey's name left his lips as he groaned and increased the pace of his hand. Then he froze when the bathroom door opened and his mate's summer rain scent filled the air, overpowering the scent of water, soap and his own arousal.

                Julian instantly stopped what he was doing and threw open the glass door to reveal Abbey standing there with wide, hungry eyes and trembling hands.

                (Have fun with her, big brother,) Marcus's voice came into Julian's mind. (I'll take care of the pups. Give her a few hours of paradise and make her forget any possible reason she could have for refusing us.)