Chapter 2

Newt POV:

The Star Wars theme song could be heard getting gradually louder as my phone vibrated. 

I groaned knowing it meant I had to wake up and start getting ready for school. It was the first day and I was definitely not ready for it. I scrammed through my closet looking for my black Adidas shirt. I threw it on along with a pair of jeans and my white Adidas Stan Smith's and my socks that had a tiny Mickey Mouse on the sides.

Scrambling into the bathroom I quickly fixed my hair with a comb and was ready. My cat Pudge sat up on the bed not happy about me leaving.  I sighed petting him and then grabbing my keys, phone and wallet on the way out of my room and down the stairs.

In the kitchen I grabbed a granola bar and a strawberry Nesquick and started walking towards the door.

"Bye Newton Isaac have a good first day!", my mother called out to me as I smiled and waved.

***

I arrived at Abraham County Day and looked around. It was quite enormous. I didn't know where to go.

"Newt! Hey!"

I turned to see a smiling Teresa running towards me. "Follow me.", she said.

We walked down the long hallway towards the office. Teresa pointed it out to me. "I'll wait for you here."

I walked inside to see Ms. Paige. "Goodmorning you must be Newt. Here's your schedule." She handed me a sheet of paper with 7 columns on it. "Good luck. Remember everyone here is special." I gave her a confused look and walked out.

"Cmon Newt we have first period gym together! You have to meet my friends!", she exclaimed. I followed her down the hall once again to gym class.

We entered the enormous gym and a group of people were sitting in the stands. I followed Teresa towards the group of people.

"Newt this is Minho, Frypan, Winston, Thomas, Sonya, Brenda and Harriet. And everyone this is Newt." I smiled at them all.

Thomas.

"Welcome greenie.", Frypan said smiling.

"Greetings shank.", Minho said grinning. Everyone else gave a hello or hey and Thomas just waved as the other guys laughed.

"Hello everybody", I said as they all laughed. "Your accent is SO CUTE!", Sonya said squealing.

Thomas got up off the bleachers and walked into the dressing room. I had to admit, his outfit looked damn swell on him. A gray v-neck, black jeans and Nike Air Force One's.

I looked back at everyone else laughing and smirking. Teresa smirked and giggled. "Newwwwt has a cruuuush", she sang. I turned bloody red.

"Hey Newtie pie we're going to the movies Friday and your man will be there. Make sure you're coming okay?", Minho said. "Of course I'll be there", I said.