Chapter 1

Newt POV:
I was very nervous. The whole car ride from the airport to the new house was very nerve racking. My mom kept looking back and smiling at me as my dad was driving us there.
***
We had finally finished unpacking. I sighed as I sat down on my bed looking at the ceiling.

"Newt go around town or outside!"I got up off my bed and grabbed my keys, phone and my wallet. I nodded and smiled at my mom as I walked out the front door of our house.

This house was definitely bigger than our old house in London, which was basically an apartment. It was beautiful here in Florida I had to admit.

I got inside my car and drove to the nearest coffee shop. From the outside, the shop was very small looking and cozy and the same on the inside.

Once inside I took a seat and pulled out my phone scrolling through tumblr with my headphones in. My favorite song to listen to was HEAVEN by Troye Sivan. It was soothing and I was teaching myself it on the piano.

I was lost in thought and complete unaware that I started humming the song and then singing it. Apparently, some girl overheard me.

She had long brown hair and brown eyes that sparkled when she smiled. Her eyes looked huge and her smile was huge. She came over to me and I pulled my headphones out.

"Omg hi I'm Teresa. Your song is beautiful!! Did you write it You have a beautiful voice! Ohmygosh hi!!" She seemed very ecstatic.

"Hi I'm Newt. Um no I didn't write the song but thank you I guess I didn't really realize I started singing.", I said shyly. I wasn't very good at talking to people.

"It's amazing omg! Hey you look Newt if you're coming to my school Abraham County Day I could show you around!", she said smiling at me. I smiled back and nodded. "See ya around Newt!", she said returning another smile and walking out of the coffee shop.