6. too late

Nathaniel's POV

I fought hard, trying to move or feel something. But all i felt was my body on fire as the silver and wolfsbane traveled through my body.

With the toxins still in my system, i couldn't heal properly, even as an Alpha. I knew i could possibly die, but there was nothing i could do but lay in darkness.

That was when i heard my hospital room flooding in with the pack doctor and nurses preparing for something.

I felt my body go numb as i felt my blood getting drained. Then i felt a needle being inserted into my arm as i heard the nurse say, "He's ready for the transfusion.".

Blood transfusion?

Who was eligible for that? No pack member can offer their blood for their Alpha.

Then it came to me: Anna.

I could smell her scent and Alexander could feel her presence.

But i have never heard of Mates being eligible for blood transfusions either.

If any werewolf's blood is tainted, it could kill them.

I tried my hardest to move, to speak up and protest, but nothing came.

As the procedure went on, Alexander was oddly calm. I wasn't sure what to expect. Now i feared i might not even wake up.

Then, I felt myself being sucked into oblivion. From the darkness, i transitioned into my house. I looked around and there was no one. It seemed like just a normal day in my life, but this time, i felt immense loneliness. Like those described when you lose your mate.

Many emotions surfaced when the thought of losing Anna flashed through my mind.

I ran out of the house and saw a body lying on the ground, and as i neared, i see Anna, laying in a pool of blood.

I kneel down, too numb to say anything as i started to cry, and hugged her tight, hoping this nightmare would go away. But her body vanished as i found myself emptyhanded.

I looked around and i saw Anna, with red glowing eyes, as she holds on to a pack member. The look in her eyes was nothing i have ever seen or anything i'd imagine her to have.

"What are you doing Anna?"

Without giving me an answer, her eyes darken and her fangs elongate as she sinks them into the helpless pack member and starts draining her blood. As i started running over to stop her, i start feeling myself falling before i jerk awake, finding myself back in a hospital room.

I look around as the doctor and nurses, together with Mason, watch me closely. The pack doctor comes forward, trying to calm me down.

"Alpha, you are in the pack hospital. You were injured in battle and we just gave you a blood transfusion. How are you feeling?"

I look around, trying to find Anna. I ignore his question, "Where is Anna?".

Mason walks over, putting his hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"She's okay. She's resting in the room next door."

I relax a little, knowing she was okay. But the nightmare kept flashing in front of my eyes.

I struggled to understand the message behind that nightmare, but it could just be a nightmare.

After worrying about her, i went back to business.

"How is the pack? Number of casualties?"

Mason reports that many warriors were poisoned due to the wolfsbane bombs, but they were all almost recovered. There were no deaths which i was thankful for. However, i was informed that a few of the Hunters got away.