When Chloe Hurts Her Knee

"Mommy, I'm bored," Emma whined to Beca. "Can we pleeeeaaase go to the park?" She begged.

Emma was Beca and Chloe's 4 year old daughter that they had adopted only 3 years before, right after they had gotten married.

"I know sweetie, momma's gonna be home in a few hours and then we're gonna go out for dinner, I have to get some work done." Beca sighed. Since she had been promoted at the record label, her schedule had been so busy. Chloe's hours were also busy. She was the music teacher at the local school and she was staying late after school to work with the kids on their spring musical.

"But I'm boorrreeeddd," Emma whined again. "I want momma to get home soon."

"I'm sorry sweetie, but you're gonna have to find something to do." Beca gave a sympathetic smile to her daughter.

The little girl pouted and Beca finally gave in, which she hated to do. "Would you like to call momma?" Surely Chloe could pause what she was doing for 5 minutes.

Emma nodded.

"Alright," Beca sighed with a smile. She hated giving in but she loved seeing her daughter's face light up joy. She dialed Chloe's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey Becs, can it wait? I'm super busy?" Chloe asked when she answered.

"Actually, Emma really misses you and she wanted to say hi," Beca replied.

"Aww of course I have time for that, just give me two seconds." Beca faintly heard Chloe tell the kids to continue working on their dance routine for scene 1. "Ok I'm back!" She said happily.

"Alright, here's Emma." Beca handed the phone to her daughter.

"Hi momma," Emma said happily as she took the phone from Beca.

"Hi there baby girl!" Chloe said, matching the little girl's excitement.

"When are you gonna be home, I miss you."

"In a little bit honey, I'm still at school with the kids."

"Ok momma."

"Alright sweetie, I have to go help the kids with their dance routine, I'll be home in 20 minutes."

"Ok momma." Emma handed the phone back to Beca.

"How long until you'll be home, I'm starving," Beca complained.

"In like 20 minutes," Chloe replied. "I'll see you soon, baby."

"Alright babe, love you." Beca put her phone down and picked up her daughter. "Are you happy now?"

"Yep!" Emma smiled.

A half hour later, Chloe was back and they were sitting at their favorite Italian restaurant. Going out to dinner was always their Wednesday night tradition, ever since they got married. "Hey Becs?" Chloe asked, taking a sip of her iced tea.

"Yeah?"

"Are you working tomorrow? If not, what are you doing?"

"No, I'm not. I'm dropping Emma at your mom's at 2 but then I have no plans."

"I'm going to grandma's tomorrow?" Emma squealed.