Everything Comes To The Light[Final Chapter]

Start from the beginning

“What the fuck? Get your own guy.” She pushed me hard, making me stumble and fall. Damn that alcohol! I glared up at them and found Kiyan kneeling before me. I felt tears at the edges of my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. His wig had fallen off and his long black hair was hanging around his face in an elegant curtain. Kiyan didn’t say anything; he just wrapped his arm around my back and his other under my knees, picking me up bridal style. He glared at the girl who pushed me and said something, but I was too tired. I felt myself drifting off to sleep in his arms.

xXxXxXxXxXxXx

I groaned and sat up, rubbing my head. I felt dizzy and even after waking up, I could feel that I was still under the influence of the drinks I had. I groggily looked around and found that I wasn’t at the party anymore, but at the secret spot. The flower valley I loved was sparkling under the full moon’s light. I stared at it for a moment before trying to remember how I had fallen asleep. After rejecting that guy, I had wondered around trying to find Kiyan. My eyes widened as I suddenly remembered; I had passed out in Kiyan’s arms. I looked around before spotting him sitting under a tree farther down the valley. I stood up a bit and made my way over to him, stumbling slightly. I will never drink again!

“You’re awake then?” He asked as I drew closer. I sat down next to him and sighed loudly. It felt good to sit.

“Yeah, I am. How did you know about this spot? It’s usually well hidden by the road and then the trees covering it.” I glanced over at him. He wasn’t looking at me, but the moon. In the moonlight he was even more handsome. The light lit him up; making it look like a white aura was around him. His blue eyes were shining in an eerie way, but it was beautiful too.

“I saw you come from this way, remember? I just followed where I saw you coming from and I found this place.” He had an odd note in his voice it sounded like. I didn’t say anything else; we sat there in silence for a while until he let out a frustrated sigh. I glanced over at him right before he pushed me down on the ground, his hands pinning my wrists above my head. I stared at him with wide eyes, surprised by his sudden movement.

“Why did you do that, Avaline?” He used his free hand to run his thumb over my cheek slowly before cupping it. I felt my face heat up instantly. He was being so gentle, yet he looked troubled and ready to go off at any second.

“W-What do you mean?” I didn’t want to tell him how I had felt in that moment, not after giving him so much trouble. He narrowed his eyes and his hand tightened on my wrists. I gasped at the pain that went through them.

“I-It hurts, Kiyan.” I stared up at him, but he didn’t let my wrists go, just slightly relaxed his grip. He was at his limit I realized.

“Why?” He asked again in a more firm voice. I looked away and stayed silent. He growled and made me look at him again.

“Avaline, I’m using all my will not to take you right now. I’ve held back for so long. I know I said I would take the 5 months to make you fall in love with me, but I just can’t wait that long anymore. With that outfit and what you did tonight…” He trailed off with a curse. He moved his hand from my cheek to wipe at something wet on my cheeks. Without realizing it, I had started to cry. He let me go and stood up, walking away from me. I sat up and rubbed my wrists as I watched him. I wasn’t going to lie to myself anymore. He went to so much trouble to make me fall in love with him, but I was had been stubborn to realize my own mistakes until now. I stood up and followed him silently until I was close enough to touch him. He didn’t turn around to face me, which was just fine; as long as he was listening, that’s all I needed.