Chapter 30: Full Steam Ahead

Start from the beginning

On our way to the classroom, we got a few stares from people seeing our hands entwined. Being so used to strange looks, I ignored it. "So what did I miss when I was away?" I asked Luke, trying to get my mind of things.

"Well." He paused. "You kind of missed them announce finals."

"What?!" I screamed. "You could have told me."

"I forgot."

"When are they?"

"Two weeks."

I didn't have time to hyperventilate, as we had made it to class. Why didn't you tell me Luke? I tried calming myself down and took my seat. Now it was time to go into stress mode.

I went through the next few classes rapidly taking notes, getting paranoid that everything I missed was going to be in the test.

When lunch rolled around, I couldn't eat. I took my History book to the table. "Why did you bring that?" Sami asked.

"I'm behind."

"No your not. You're like four chapters ahead of the entire class."

"That's not good enough."

Shay and Sami exchanged weird looks. I didn't pay much attention to their conversation before the book was yanked from my grasp. "Hey." I looked up just in time to see Luke sitting on it. "Give it back."

"You need to relax."

"I'm fine." I whined.

"Okay, then tell us about the show."

Oh my god, I'm so stupid. I had completely forgot. "It was incredible." I started.

"How many shows were you in?" Shay pushed.

"Four."

"How many wings?"

"Two." The girls squealed.

"Any thongs?" Luke butted in.

I gave him a disapproving look, but he continued to chuckle. We stopped talking about it when Sami's boyfriend, Jarrod joined us. He gave her a peck on the cheek, when he noticed Luke. "Luke, I forgot to ask? Since when were you dating Kayla Maceton?"

"What? Dating?" He looked puzzled.

"Yeah." Jarrod said, shoving his phone in his face. There on the tiny screen was a picture of him and I in the hotel hallway, making out.

"Well this is fake." Luke stated bluntly.

"Really? Well then that is good photoshop."

"People have too much spare time on their hands these days." Jarrod nodded in agreement.

"But you know her right? I mean in that English project, you guys looked pretty cozy."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that?"

"Do you think you could get her to come to school with you?"

"I guess." What? I almost choked on my water. Since when could he make a call like that?

The bell rang, ending lunch and I headed to sport alone. I casually got changed in the change room and sat on the bleachers, waiting for someone to join me.

Eventually people started to pile in and Mr Vicka began his long rant. "So for your final assessment of the year, we will be putting you through a series of tests. There are five major components, flexibility, co-ordination, stamina, speed and strength. Each is marked out of 20, therefore making your overall score out of 100. The goal is to beat the score in which we have set for you. If you do not, you will fail this course." This caused my eyes to bulge, please don't get a high score.