3.5K 57 11

^Amethyst^

"Hey mom..yeah..dad?..he's doing great! He just got a new jo-..oh..you don't care!? You don't care cause you're a cold hearted woman who just sleeps around. I'm glad he left your selfish ass."

I said calmly before hanging up, with anger tracing behind it. My dad honestly deserved better than a cheating whore. A.k.a, my mom. He had us 2 kids, me and my older bro and an amazing job..or used to. Unfortunately he quit his previous job due to blackmail because of a sex crazed co-worker, apparently she lied saying he "raped" her when he pushed her off wanting nothing to do with her. So he got a new job..in another state.

We just moved to New Jersey and it was rainy and gloomy. My favorite kind of weather. The U-haul truck had just arrived to our new house, it's a pretty huge apartment. The walls were beige, it smelled lemon-citrusy, and the floors vacuumed in a stripe like pattern. I walked into the medium sized bedroom and immediately decided this was my room. I looked around seeing a decent sized walk-in closet, a small bathroom enough for three people to fit and a huge window.

"Amethyst! Wanna go to Subway?" My older brother Kyler yelled running inside. We had things to pack, so I shook my head and asked him to get me a large coke with Powerade, and Sprite mixed together (A/N: try this❤️ I drink this every time I go to McDonald's or Popeyes.)

"I'll take you to the ice cream parlour later and we'll buy lots of snacks dude." I said just wanting some alone time. Moving here was annoying. There were people I actually cared about in Washington D.C. I decided to go start unpacking boxes. I got my Hunter boots and walked out to the truck loaded with our furniture and shit.

❀❀❀❀❀ time skip 3 hours ❀❀❀❀❀

*ding ding*

I quickly set down the dining room table and grab my phone from the couch. I needed a break anyways. I checked to see who it was.

Dad💙: Me and your brother will be home at 6:30, we're visiting your aunt Layla

Me: Ok, and I already put up half the stuff from the truck. You don't have to worry😁

I turned off my phone and decided to set up the tv.

❀❀ 30 minutes later ❀❀

It was 3:30 and I was exhausted! I called the Uhaul people and they picked up the truck. I was finally able to set up everyone's bed and shit. I was just about to enjoy some House M.D on Netflix (A/N: omg watch that show💖 it's really good) when someone had the fucking audacity to knock at our door. I got up and groaned, looking through the peep hole wondering who the hell it was, cause I know absolutely no one except for my dads family.

A lady?

I opened the door and gave a warm smile. She smiled back and had a bowl of Chinese food in her hands.

"Hello. My name is Lisa Dolan, and we saw you just moved across the street, so I came to welcome you to this neighbourhood." Her smile made my day a ton better. I realized she was still standing outside and I invited her inside the apartment. So glad I set up the dining room table and everything. I took the bowl from her and set it on the table telling her to just sit and relax.

"I didn't even properly introduce myself. My name is Amethyst Leia. And I just moved here with my dad Winston and older brother Kyler who's 18 from Washington D.C."

I stated with a smile. She nodded and asked me the basics. How I like it, do I miss WDC and all that good shit. Then she told me a little about herself.

"Well, I have two sons named Grayson and Ethan who're both 16, and their older sister Cameron who's 18-" her phone buzzed and she said she had to leave to go make dinner.

"Aww, it was really nice having you over, and maybe I'll drop by tomorrow." I said following her to the door. She turned around and gave me a hug.

"Actually, if you'd like, you all can come over for dinner. Beef stew and ribs, my treat. You can meet my sons as well!" She said enthusiastically.

"When my dad arrives, I'll be sure to tell him. Have a good night Mrs. Dolan."

I closed the door and walked over to the bowl of Chinese food.

"I've been waitin for you.."