Embraces

A/N: I know, it took forever for a new update but alas, here it is! I hope all of you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!

I feel Much's gaze on my back as I pack his cooking pot in the cart beneath the sacks of grain. I look over at Isaac and give a low whistle to attract his attention. He raises his head to meet my gaze and I tilt my head slightly towards Much and he nods.

"So, Much..." He starts to say as he walks over to him. I glance over just as Much sneers at him and takes a step back.

"Did she send you to kill me?" He sneers.

Isaac smiles. "No. As your friend and fellow cook, I just wanted to tell you about the amazing kitchen in the Sanctuary. I think you'll like it."

He folds his arms over his chest stubbornly. "You're not my friend and I'm not going with you. I refuse to be led into your assassin den like a lamb to slaughter."

Isaac chuckles and Much gives him an irritated look. "What's so funny?" He asks, hotly.

Isaac leans against a nearby tree. "Much, since we had to rescue Eva from execution in Nottingham, neither of us are working for King John anymore. Our contract was voided the minute that Eva showed up at Nottingham castle and refused to kill Robin."

"How do we know that it wasn't just a ploy to drag Robin to Nottingham to be killed by Gisborne, the Sheriff or one of the guards? Robin has a tendency to rescue any damsel in distress." As he says this he shoots his friend an annoyed glance.

"I was not a damsel in distress." I argue, receiving a chuckle from Allan and Robin. I glare at them. "What? I'm not."

Robin gives me his typical charming smile. "So you just happened to walk up onto the gallows, place a noose around your neck and yell for the executioner to pull the lever and end your life?"

I feel the heat rise to my cheeks with frustration. "No. Knowing the consequences, I broke my contract and sacrificed myself so that you could live. A damsel in distress is an innocent woman in trouble awaiting to be saved by a man. I wasn't expecting to be saved nor was I innocent."

Robin chuckles and I feel my irritation grow. "It doesn't matter now anyways." He says trying to ease the tension. "In the end, you risked your life for me and I am grateful." He his smile falters for a moment as he eyes my shoulder. "I'm sorry that your heroic gesture caused you to be wounded."

"It's fine." I mutter as I turn away from him and walk back to retrieve more supplies before he can utter another word.

>>>----------->

By the time we are ready to start making our way to Southwell, the night had set upon us with the soft glow of the moon as our only light. Robin checks on the horses while everybody else with exception of Much and I begin crowding into the back of the cart amongst the camp supplies and sacks of grain. I turn to Much but he looks down at the ground. "Much, how about you sit up near Robin so you can keep an eye on him and make sure he's safe. I'll sit in the back with everybody else."

He says nothing and I begin to wonder whether or not he was listening as Robin turns to look at us around his hood. "Eva, come sit up front with me." He says. "Much can ride in the back where he can lie down and rest."

"Robin, Much should—" I start to say but stop as her walks over to us.

"Much, will you please sit in the back? I'll be perfectly fine while Eva sits with me and tells me where to go. As she pointed out, we don't know when or if they sent anybody to look for us and she'll know how to get to the hideout."