Chapter Fourteen- Stuart's Backyard

Start from the beginning

"Shots! Shots! Shots!" I heard everyone cheer around me. 

I had already had a few shots, not enough to make me totally out of it.

I took the shot and that's when I knew I needed some air, it was getting crowded in the kitchen right now, I need some space and fresh air.

I made my way to the back door, through the crowds of people but I made it outside.

I took out my phone to check the time and saw that it was already 11:50pm. 

'Wow, time flies when you're having fun.' I thought to myself. 

As I walked around the backyard, I saw different people who had passed out on the grass, and then my eyes landed on her.

I hadn't seen her since before Christmas since she's been ignoring me every time I try to talk to her.

My mind may be a little fuzzy right now, but I needed to talk to her, and hopefully when I try, she won't run away from me, I need to tell her how I feel!

Riley's POV

When I first got to Stuart's party, with Annabelle and Ethan, I knew I wouldn't have that much fun... I'm not the type of person who loves parties and drinking, I prefer staying at home, watching a movie or something. But Annabelle and Ethan dragged me to this party... Since it was mostly a mix of our two schools here anyways.

It had been getting really crowded inside, so I went in the backyard to get some fresh air and escape everyone.  Since it was January it was quite cold, but not too cold.

Stuart's backyard was really big, there was this huge pool and two huge trees and an outdoor little living room set, a bunch that you normally find at parks and there was still a lot of space to walk around.  

All I have been thinking about lately is Jake though... And the fact that I almost told him that I loved him!

Was it a good thing that Annabelle interrupted me from telling him?

'Of course it was!' I thought to myself. 'He likes Annabelle! Not you!'

Did he like her though?...

He had been texting me a lot but I've just been ignoring him. He even showed up at my house a few times and I told my mom to tell him that I was out because I didn't want to see him... Not then at least..

I hoped that I would see him today though, but I haven't seen him at all...He's probably inside enjoying himself... Unlike me... 

Right then, I felt a hand go on my shoulder and I jumped up at this, since I wasn't expecting it.

I turned around to see Jake standing there, his hand still on my shoulder, and he just looked at me. I could smell that he had at least some alcohol, because right now, it smelled like Jake and alcohol.

"Riley, I need to talk to-" Jake was cut off by the starting of the counting inside.

"10! 9! 8! 7!" we both turned our heads towards the house when we heard this. "5."

Jake then grabbed my face and leaned down, and kissed me.

"4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!" I heard in the background as the boy I loved kissed me and I kissed him back right away.

It was nothing like the one in his car, this one was passionate but I could still taste the hint of alcohol in his breath.

He pulled away resting his forehead on my forehead, we started at each other in our eyes. All the noise in the house sounded so far away now, all I could concentrate on was Jake.

"Happy New Year Ry." he said giving me a little smile.

"H-Happy N-New Year Jake." I stuttered because I was somewhat in shock from the kiss I just had with my best friend.

"Ry?" he asked.

"Yeah Jake?"

"I love you." 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, first things first, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a little while... Don't blame me! Blame school! And all the stupid homework the teachers gave me... 

Secondly, omg... Jake just told Riley that he loved her! What's her reaction going to be do you think?...

I'm going to try and update soon! I won't make you guys wait two weeks again... Again, sorry about that... But thank you guys!!! This book has more than 100 votes! Yay! This makes me happy :)

Hope you liked this chapter! 

Oh and TGIF!!! 

Vote/Comment please! 

Thanks!

-Jess