"Sure, let me set up the spare bed," I replied.

Taylor watched me with dismay as I inflated the air mattress, it fit snuggly between my bed and desk.

"When you said spare bed I thought you meant something different," he admitted.

I shrugged my shoulder apologetically.

"You should be glad I've got it at all."

He nodded gently and grabbed the blanket starting to smooth it across the mattress.

"So why do you have an air mattress anyway?"

"Oh, I got it when my Mum wanted to come and visit. I figured it would be better then me sleeping on the couch."

A spark of curiosity burned in his eyes, "So where do your parents live?"

"They live out on the country side, they weren't too happy about me moving away for university but... I guess they have learnt to accept it." I hesitated for a moment, thinking back to the serious talks they had had with me about how hard it is to support yourself as a photographer. I looked up at Taylor, he was just about to open his mouth again so before he could ask me any more question I asked him one, "So what about your parents?"

"They live in New York."

"But you don't have an accent," I exclaimed with surprise.

"I grew up here but we moved when the king in New York passed away."

I plunked myself down on the bed and stared at him for a moment. My face must have told him I needed a further explanation, so continued, "There are three points of power in the magical world. New York, London and Tokyo all have a specific location that is more powerful than anywhere else in the world. So the warlock society has three magical thrones and royal courts surrounding those locations."

"Okay," I replied and nodded for him to continue.

"When the king in New York passed, that throne became available which is why all of royal families all moved over there fighting for the position of new king."

"So what happened?"

"My father won," Taylor admitted. He looked away for a moment and grabbed the pillow that was resting on my armchair. He placed it on the air mattress and laid down.

"Look I'm pretty tired," he pushed out before rolling over on his side and pulling the blanket up around him.

I stared at his back for a moment, before turning over and letting my eyes dance across the ceiling. A pressure was building over my chest as I realised how little I knew about this stupid magical world that I had been thrown into.

"Wake up," Taylor shook my shoulders gently.

"What?" I moaned as he persisted with the shaking.

"I have to work at the pub, but if you come with me I'll make you breakfast."

"Fine," I got up and scouted out of bed.

I started to look through the pile of clothes at the bottom of my wardrobe and looked over at Taylor.

"I'll wait for you outside," he replied.

I nodded back at him sleepily and started rummaging through the pile, finding a pair of black leggings and a grey knitwear dress.

Moments later, I stepped out into the living room. Taylor was awkwardly watching the morning news on TV with Matthew.

"Don't you have work today?" Matthew stared up at me, it was as if he was reminding me that in the normal life of office workers, today must be a weekday.