o n e

▹

2000,

My head shot up as I saw the doors of my train open, I quickly stood up and walked towards the train. As I walked into the train I searched for a place to sit down. I saw enough places but as I walked closer to a girl with a green hoodie I knew I wanted to sit across her. This was the first time in almost two years I had seen someone like me, I had to take the chance. I walked towards the chair across from her. "Excuse me is this seat taken?" I asked politely. The girl shook her head. "No go ahead." She said with a slight Brooklyn accent in her voice. I sat down across from her. I could see her face better now, she had brown hair shorter than my own but not much and less volume, and she had brown eyes. I held my hand out towards her. "I'm Alexia, but call me Lexi or Blaze." I said with a small smile on my face. She shook my hand with her gloved one. "Marie, you can call me Rogue." She said.

"You know you're the first one of my kind I've come across in almost two years." I said quietly not wanting any of those humans to hear it. Her head shot up and her eyes widened. "How did you know what I am?" She whispered. I chuckled. "Something I've learned myself over the years. It's hard to practice, but once you get better in it it's easy." I began. My eyes softened as I learned what she could do. "It must be hard trying to touch anyone, without causing them pain." I mumbled. Her eyes widened again but she nodded. "It is." She said. I smiled sadly at her. "I'm sure you can learn to control it." I assured her. She smiled sadly at me. "I hope so." She said. She shook her head. "But anyways what's your power?" She asked. Well I couldn't show it to her now there where to many people they would freak out. "I can't show it here, but I can try to explain it. I can make my hands light up, like they're on fire but it doesn't hurt and the fire is a blue color. I can shoot it, I can create a shield around me of it, I actually can do many things with it." I explained to her. Ever since I embraced the fact of being a mutant I loved my powers. But seeing how humans threated the mutants, made me sick. They are scared for the unknown. Rogue smiled brightly at me. "That's cool! I wish my mutation was more like yours.." She mumbled the last part sadly. I placed a hand on her knee. "Rogue, you are a good person. With an incredible power, don't let other's bring you down.. their not worth it." I said to her. I could see she appreciated it because she lightened up a bit. "Thank you Lexi it means a lot." She said and I just smiled and sat back.

Rogue stared out of the window, as did I. "Hey kid." I heard the voice of a man saying. Our heads both turned to the voice. And I saw a man with weird brown hair standing there, he was also a bit unshaved and he wore a brown leather jacket. He smiled a little at Rogue and sat down next to her and sighed. He looked at her and she looked down to the ground. "I'm sorry about last night." He said. She now looked at him. "Me too." The man frowned a bit. "You running again?" He asked. Rogue sighed and looked anywhere but at him. "I heard the Professor was mad at me." She said sadly. The man looked a bit confused. "Who told you that?" He said. Rogue looked back at him. "A boy at school." She mumbled.

"You think I should go back?" She asked. The man shook his head. "I think you should follow your instincts." He told her. Rogue gulped softly and I saw tears forming in her eyes. "The first boy I even kissed, ended up in a coma for three weeks." She sighed. "I can still feel him inside my head. And it's the same with you." She said sadly. Tears began to fall down her face. She held her eyes still close. The man looked at her and wrapped an arm around her trying to comfort her as she laid her head against his shoulder. "There's not many people that understand what you're going through, but I think this guy Xavier is one of them. He seems to generally wanna help you. And that's a rare thing... for people like us." He told her. Rogue opened her eyes and sat back down while looking at him. The train began to ride as we all looked around us. He drew his arm back and sighed. "So, what do you say? Give these geeks one more shot?" He asked her. He smiled softly at her. "Come on I'll take care of you." He whispered. She looked back at him. "You promise?" She asked. "Yeah, I promise." He answered. She smiled back at him.

Then she looked at me. "Logan?" She asked. So that was his name.. I heard their whole conversation but hadn't heard his name one time. "Yeah?" He answered. "Can we take her with us to the school? I think the professor would be interested in what she could do." She said as she nodded towards me. Logan turned his head towards me. "You're a mutant?" He whispered. I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm Alexia but call me Blaze or Lexi. Whatever you prefer." I told him with a little smile. He nodded. "I'm Logan. Well Rouge obviously wants you to come with us, do you even want to come?" He asked. I thought for a moment a school for mutants, I wouldn't have to be alone anymore I could have a home. I nodded. "Yeah.. That would be nice. I will be nice having a home again." I said with a smile on my face. Logan nodded. "Ok then I guess you're in." He said. Rogue smiled brightly at me and I smiled back. "Thank you." I said to both of them. Rogue nodded and smiled. "No problem." Logan said with a little smile. I was really exited now, I couldn't wait to get to the school. I sat back in my seat thinking of how it would be at the school for mutants with Rogue and Logan.