Why can't I change? -4

Start from the beginning

“Okay class, we are learning about the Sanctity of Life” Mr O’Connelly said enthusiastically.

“Time to put my head down” I said with plain dullness which made Carina and Reece laugh as I put my head down on the table to sleep.

-

The lesson soon ended and I went on to period 2- History. I went off to History feeling a little happy that I’d have Kyron to keep me entertained in History. He was leaning against the wall near to our history class and facing the door waiting for the other class to come out. I smacked his arm playfully.

“Hey Buddy!” I said happily while grinning at him. He turned and smirked at me, towering over me. He must have been at least six foot or more.

“Someone’s excited to see me” I laughed at him and told him to shut up. We talked more waiting for our teacher to come.

“So how was your grandma?”

“She’s alright, but her memory’s like getting worse. I hate seeing her looking so confused” He looked so cute when he was worried. I rubbed his arm softly.

I looked around casually at my class mates wondering if everyone was here. As I continued to look I locked eyes Miguel realising he was looking right at me. We stayed like that, I couldn’t tell for how long but the eye contact was strong. I quickly turned realising how much of a weirdo I probably looked like right then.  I made sure not to look his way again.

-

As we entered the class, I realised the tables had been rearranged. I hated when teachers randomly changed seats, too much hassle.  

“Okay students, I’ve given you a seating plan. Seeing as you don’t work well when you choose your own places” Everyone sighed in annoyance as Miss Wilkinson said this.

She read out names and where to sit. I smiled as I was allocated the seat next to Kyron. There were four more seats to be filled on our table. Two girls called Safia and Tia came to sit on our table. Safia was a really pretty Moroccan girl with really luscious dark brown curly hair and Tia was a pretty black girl with the softest, hugest afro I’d ever seen, she knew how to style her hair too. Another guy called Ryan sat next to us; he was a white guy, average looking but had really nice green eyes. Okay one more seat to fill... I thought to myself.

“Miguel Santiago, right next to Tia”

Lord why me? I thought. I was hoping to avoid eye contact at all costs and this happens!

We started the lesson and Ms Wilkinson gave each table huge sheets to write on as we were having a group discussion on what we knew about the Effects of Stalin on Russia.

“I’ll write” Miguel said as he took the paper and the marker.  I looked at the others as they gave their suggestions making sure not to look at him.

“Ey Cara, you ain’t even said anything yet!” I rolled my eyes at Kyron as he said this.

“Umm…” I bit my lip thinking nervously knowing the whole group was looking at me.  “S-Stalin built new cities in Russia” I looked up, accidentally looking at him. He looked at me smirking a little before writing. My heart beat sped up as he looked at me. What’s going on here? I thought to myself.

“Wasn’t that hard was it!” Kyron said as he nudged me. Everyone on the table laughed.

Soon the lesson finished and I started to leave the lesson to go to break.  I felt someone’s arm around my neck and I looked to see it was Kyron.

“Coming to break with me?”  I said while looking up at him and he nodded.  It was so weird how I felt so close to him after knowing him for about a day. I could tell me and him would become really great friends.

-

The lessons went really quick and before I knew it, school had ended. I got on the bus feeling a little happy how today had turned out. I was still a little confused to why Miguel had been looking at me.  He smiled at me too, or was I just seeing that?

Later on, I was in my room and got on my laptop. I decided to go on Facebook as I hadn’t been on for a few days.

“Oo! One new friend request” I mumbled to myself. I clicked it and smiled seeing it was Kyron, I clicked confirm straight away; I didn’t even need to think about whether to accept.

I scrolled down, not seeing anything really interesting just a few pictures, dumb statuses and wall posts. Unexpectedly, a chat box popped up. My eyes widened as I read the name.  Miguel ‘Papi’ Santiago.

Miguel says: Hi

-

Comment - tell me what you think! Vote and tell your friends!