"Lucifer..." The nurse struggles. "Morningstar?" Standing up, Lucifer instinctively smooths out his suit.

"That would be me," Lucifer replies.

"What is that? A stage name?" The stuck up nurse rolls her eyes, and places her key card into the scanner. The comment sends Lucifer's thought spiraling back to when Chloe had said the same thing. It was the first time they had met, and his fingers stroked the piano keys and her voice smoothly and calmly questioned him. The first time Lucifer saw Chloe, not only was he right in his assumption of seeing her naked, but he was also struck by her beauty. Blonde hair cascading around her shoulders, keeping herself closed off. Lucifer likes to think he has broken her high walls down, just like she has changed him. They were meant for one another since that moment that god placed her in his path.

The nurse warns Lucifer to stay back for a moment, and enters the curtain quickly. Only hours earlier a steel door was in his path. Now it was a simple curtain, and for that he was grateful. The nurse steps back and holds the curtain with one hand. "Chloe is just waking up, she is still heavily medicated. Do not do anything to upset her, or harm her. If she slips back under, let her rest. She needs it. We will be just outside the door," the nurse explains before walking away.

Lucifer sneaks one hand behind curtain and pulls it open just enough to make his way in. The hospital bed is surrounded by machines and cords, some of which are connected straight to Chloe.

Chloe...

While Chloe looks better...it isn't much of an improvement. The bruise on her eye is finally blackening up, surrounding the area from her eyebrows right down to where he cheekbones begin. Eyes closed, Lucifer begins to continue his inspection of her before she wakes. Cuts are beginning to scab on her arms, and thankfully most of her body is covered in warm blankets. Her ankle is left out in a thick cast. It already has a signature from Dan and a messy scribble from Trixie. Lucifer smiles at the lack of penmanship, and makes his way to the chair next to the bed.

Chloe's eyes begin to flutter open, but as soon as they seem to focus and stop spinning she begins to panic. The heart monitor spikes as her body seizes up as she lurches forward. A scream almost escapes her lips and Lucifer immediately takes action. He has seen things like this before in hell, traumatic pasts haunting people. Wrapping his arms around Chloe, he holds her tight so she won't fall apart. Her arms curl up around his bicep as her head falls into the space between her and his shoulder. Resting on it, she takes heavy breaths as she slows down her heart rate. After a few moments, Lucifer begins to soothingly rock her back and forth as he also pets her hair with his free hand.

"I...I...-" Chloe tries to speak. Voice hoarse, she swallows and tries again. "I thought I was back there. The smell...the cords...the machines...the feel of the bed...everything down to the smallest details. It was like I was right back in that basement for a moment there."

Lucifer sighs, not letting go. "It is called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder," he explains, still running is fingers through her hair. "You went through something terrible Chloe, and you have ever right to be shattered over it." Squeezing her one last time, he begins to let go. Keeping one hand locked in hers, he uses the other to pull the chair closer to the bed. Chloe's eyes won't meet his as she slowly reclines her body back to where she was. One of her hands rests in a fist on her forehead, and she takes a few moments to breath as Lucifer rubs his thumb over her hand.

"I can't even imagine how weak I must seem to you right now, or stupid," Chloe says slowly. Lucifer's eyebrows raise as his chin shifts forwards.

"Excuse me?" He asks in need of clarification.

"I went off to pursue a lead without you because he made me think you were in danger, and then I got kidnapped. Tried to fight back and failed, and at the end of the day all I did was allow myself to get beat up and cause the death of my attacker," Chloe clears up, while simultaneously tearing up. "I was the damsel in distress yet again. Placing stress on everyone around me-"