Chapter 2

The car bumps over every pot hole in Los Angeles. There are more than you would think, and more than the city care to fill. The car shakes side to side, and Lucifer finally buckles in to the option of...well..buckling in. He had made the argument twenty one times that he was immortal, but that didn't mean he was thrilled by the gap between the seat and his touche every time the car bounced. Chloe was in fact doing the speed limit, even though he was encouraging her to do more.

"I'm just trying to get us where we need to go, not break the law."

Lucifer sighed. "But breaking the law is fun Detective! And you wouldn't be the only one, you should seriously talk to some of the police men. Corrupt but ever so entertaining. Those men know how to have a little fun. Not this...45 in a 50 mile per hour thing."

Chloe just rolls her eyes, not adjusting her speed. She knew very well what the police did. Driving with sirens on, but no one to catch and nowhere to go. But that wasn't her.

"What is the case anyway? And where are we going?" Lucifer ponders.

"It's another homicide. The file is in my bag if you want to dig it out. From what I understood, the victim's name was Royal Jacobs-"

"And you thought my name was a stage name," Lucifer chuckles. "Who name's their kid Royal?"

"Not important Lucifer. Royal was an upcoming lawyer just months away from finishing school. Her friends placed a missing report for her last night when she didn't come back to the apartment within forty-eight hours. She was found in an alleyway this morning between four and five, placing the murder before then. Her body was severely beaten with burns covering sixty-five percent of her body. They are sending us to the crime scene to pick up anything they might have missed, they are still processing the scene."

Lucifer was at a loss for words. He wondered what made her killer assume that his was the proper punishment. What Royal had done to deserve this? Chloe makes a sharp right turn and parks. She steals the file out of his hand and unlocks the car doors. She makes her way under the yellow tape swiftly, even in her slightly heeled boots. Her hair sways and she runs over to the coroner. "Wait!"

The old man stops wheeling the black bag away and turns. "Detective Decker. What can I do for you?"

"I need to see the body quickly. They didn't give me any pictures and I need to see it to further the investigation," she remarks.

"Be my guest, but beware, it's not something a parent ever wants to see."

Chloe's slender fingers connect with the zipper as she gently pulls down on it. The sight in front of her is revolting. Royal's face doesn't resemble what a face should. Her nose is inches away from where it should be, her eyes open and blood shot. The woman was wearing what Chloe could only guess was a dress, as the fabric is burnt and barely covering her anymore. The hands are rigid, frozen in place, the fingers unrelated and crunched in fear. Although the bag isn't unzipped all the way, the knee to the rest of her leg is bent in an chilling way. Even as Lucifer walks up to see, neither of them can decipher what is burns, and what is blood.

For once in his existence, Lucifer feels momentarily speechless. Without a comment, Chloe zips the bag shut. Her mind wandering twenty different ways. She walks away without a word. But both of them know, that sight was beyond disturbing. Chloe had been at this a while, but never before had she witness someone beaten and burned so brutally. Chloe tries to forget that image, especially after the coroners words only made her think of Trixie. She begins to look around.

"You know if the killer didn't want the body to be found," Lucifer begins, also ditching the previous subject. "Why wouldn't he have thrown it in the dumpster instead of leaving her in the middle of this ally. I mean, he put her in plain sight."

Love In The Dark (A Deckerstar FanFiction) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें