Chapter 7: Differentness

Today’s Valentine’s Day and like any other Valentine’s Day, I’m alone. Its not as bad as it sounds because I really don’t care for any holiday besides my birthday, not that I don’t celebrate all the other well know holidays. Its just holidays to me are just days that consist of stupid invented myths and lies.

As much as I would love to have a lover to share this day with, since love is in the atmosphere today, I’m not. I’m here at the city library studying for a final I have coming up soon. My mother and step father our out of the state and enjoying themselves in Barbados. A little island where you can have the time of your life either partying, clubbing or drinking your butt of for vacation.

I would have loved to go but I’m too young to do any of those things. Maybe when I turn of age I will go but we will just have to see.

As I was busy looking through the text book I was reading, I didn’t notice when someone pulled out a chair from in front of me and sat down. The sound of the chair scraping the floor as whoever pulled it out made me snap my head up.

And boy am I more than shocked to see who it was. Cameron. And did he look very tempting, with his bright white T-shirt underneath a red sweater and with a Maim Heat Basketball hat to match him up. If there has been any day he looked older than what he really it, it would have to be now. He just gives off the vibe of a 20 year old.

He took a seat and ignored my gaze. Instead of staring at me, he’s looking at something far off in the distance staring at something behind me. I can’t seem to speak; instead I’m just looking at him with a shocked impression.

“I’m sorry.” Was all he said, but still didn’t hell my gaze.

Now he’s just looking down at my text books with a sincere expression.

I’m still slightly confused with what’s going on right now. What’s he doing here? Why is he here? And how did he know I was here?

“I have been thinking lately. I have been thinking about this since the day you told me about your, you know, pregnancy.” He mumbled the last part, final connecting his eyes with mine.

I didn’t dare to say anything. Maybe this will be the only time I may just get answers from him. So I’m going to keep my questions and comments to myself as of right now. At least until he’s done with whatever he has to say to me.

** Cameron Owen POV **

Staring up at my celling fan spin around and around was something I never thought would interest me to wake up to. Lots of drama came into my life. First its Ebony and her cheating ways. And then I’m hit with a shocking news breaker that I’m going to be a father.

If it was Ebony coming to me and telling me that I’m going to be a dad, I would be more than motivated to help raise our child, but knowing I had gotten another girl pregnant, a girl who was only meant to be a one night stand and nothing more, makes things different for me.

I had my fair share of intimate nights with Ebony without using protection and not once did we ever have a problem where she ended up pregnant, but just one unmeaningful night with one person who I thought I wouldn’t have to face again is going to have my child. A small smile came onto my face just thinking about it. Fate surely is something else.

My thoughts came back to reality and I picked up my phone that was lying beside me and saw it was already going on 6 in the morning. I set my phone back down and sat up, letting the blood flow through me and rubbed away the sleepiness from my eyes.