Chapter 5: Part 2

Chapter 5: Part 2

“Nothing to serious. Everything looked fine. As long as it goes away and there is no blood, then you're fine. The reason this is happening is because your uterus is growing to make room for your baby. If you're really still concerned, just schedule an ultrasound. But as I saw, its nothing life threating.” She finished off with a smile.

I continued to wipe of the jelly from off my stomach as she spoke.

The minute I came home I told my mother about my cramps and she suggested we go to the hospital and make sure nothing bad happened. Since I’m pregnant and all, I was able to get checked  without having to wait in the waiting room, which we probably would have been sitting there waiting for hours if I wasn’t.

As much as I was hoping Cameron would have came to me and asked again if I was alright, he didn’t. I mean I can’t blame him. I did tell him I was okay and nothing was wrong with me, but I guess I just had little hope that he would possibly ask again.

“Is everything okay?” My step dad asks when me and my mom come into the house.

“Yes, her body is just preparing for the baby to come. Nothing major.” My mom said with a sigh.

“Well that’s good.” My dad said with a concern smile. “But your father called not to long ago.” He said directly to me. “And he didn’t seem to happy.”

My eyes widen in nervousness. “Why?”

He shrugged. “He wouldn’t tell me. He said as soon as you come home to call him.”

After he said that, I turned to face my mom. “Mom, you didn’t tell dad did you?”

She looked confused as me. “No, of course I didn’t tell him. I told you I was going to let you do that part.”

I stood rooted to the floor. Why else would my dad call and not sound happy? I mean, I’m not a bad girl; he wouldn’t call for any old reason and be mad.

“Alright, well I’ll call him on my phone.” Knowing my dad, he probably called my cell phone, but I left it at home today. I forgot to bring it with me.

I quickly made my way upstairs to my room; I spotted my phone on top of my bed and saw that my dad did call me. And not just once, he called me multiple times and left me messages tell me to call him as soon as I can.

I wouldn’t be lying if I said I’m a little afraid to call him. Who knows what he’s going to say. I mean The minute I found out my dad called and seemed not to happy, all I can think about is all the bad things I did. But I cant seem to find not one thing I did bad but my pregnancy.

I mean my mom didn’t tell him I was pregnant so it can’t be because of that. All ready my stomach is filling with butterfly’s. Let me just call him and get this over with.

After a few rings, someone finally answered the phone.

“Hello?” The sound of my little brother’s voice filled my ears.

“HI Danny, put dad on the phone its me, Destiny.”

“Eric! Its Destiny!” I heard Danny yell to my other brother.

I couldn’t help but chuckle when he did that.

“Let me say hi to her.” Eric yelled in the background.

They began to argue over who was going to talk to me and all I can hear over the phone is as though someone was falling down the stairs or something. They must have dropped the phone. Then I heard my step mom yelling at them, but I can’t make out clearly what she’s saying.