Prolouge

I sat with my foster parents for breakfast. They laughed and cheered while I sat there eating my cereal from my favorite red bowl. The crunchy sounds of my mouth chewing the cereal blurred the noises around me. I never knew my real parents, they died after I was born. I don't even remember when they died, I felt like my whole life was living with my foster parents.

"Blinx, go fix your hair, your bus is almost here!" yelled my foster mother.

I slowly walked up the stairs, looking down at my parents. They started speaking to each other.

"Do you think our daughter will get killed by the authorities?" my dad whispered to my mom.

She shook her head, "There is nothing abnormal about her, it's just her bad behavior."

"Haha, just imagine if she came from aliens, the authorities would have to kill h-" dad spoke, but was interrupted by mom.

"Blinx! What are you doing!?"

"I'm brushing my hair," I lied and I tip-toe up the rest of the stair and closed the bathroom door behind me. I looked in the mirror. My brown hair was popping up everywhere. I grabbed my brush and threw it onto the ground as hard as I can. It made a loud cling sound. I was mad......
                                Really,
                                          REALLY,
                                                          MAD.
I stood there looking at the mirror and thought about my life. A white something showed in the mirror.

"WAIT WHAT IS THAT?!" I yelled. I touched it, it was smooth and soft. Like...a wing. "I have wings?!

"Oh no..."