Bonus Chapter 2

So, his apprentice was feeling the pull of the light even after knowing his father had been killed. Snoke tapped against the table in front of him before rising to his feet and glaring at the pristine wall. Kylo Ren couldn't be pulled back, he needed to stay on the Dark side and follow in his grandfather's footsteps... finish what Vader started and go beyond. The First Order was only a small piece in the plan, necessary, but a small piece. The Knights of Ren would finish the work; once they stopped fighting among themselves they would make a formidable force to be reckoned with, though they already were.

Snoke's attention was drawn away from the plans as he sensed another disturbance in the Force. A scowl drew across his scarred face as he sensed Kylo's joy and happiness... he was with Zein again. As much as Snoke needed their power, he disliked their closeness. During his stay so far the two had seemed professional around each other, as friendly as needed, but he was starting to question what had gone on outside of his watchful eyes... he would have to deal with this delicately. One wrong move and he could lose both of them and set back his plans.

All that training, all that time he'd put into those two and now one would have to die. Snoke stepped out of his room and into the dark hallway where his guards waited loyally. "Send for Kylo Ren, we have plans to discuss."

They didn't speak. They just started walking. He turned back inside, he had given Zein an apprentice to try preventing this choice but it seemed that useless brother of Kylo's couldn't distract her enough. When Kylo came he would discuss plans with him, and continue his training of course, but Snoke knew he'd have to withhold his plan for now. He couldn't have his apprentice ruining the surprise.

"Only the Force knows which one will live." He laughed darkly before seating himself again.

While he did want Kylo to kill Zein, Snoke knew she would be hard to beat... especially after learning so quickly what he had to teach. It was amazing really, how easily she took after the man Kylo admired as a role model. Perhaps it wasn't surprising he had grown a fondness for her. But for him choose between the two, to have one executed... the one with a legacy to fill or the one born from the Force... he couldn't do it. They would have to prove to him who was the strongest. The trial by combat that Zein should have received, that would be the perfect test. And if Kylo or Zein refused... well then... it would be a shame to bring up those two Knights of Ren she had murdered, granted in self defense, but it was still Snoke's word to pass her judgment, which he would make Kylo carry out. The pair wouldn't escape this fight...

"Master." Kylo Ren's robotic voice came from outside the door.

"Enter." Snoke responded smoothly.

His apprentice stepped inside as the door opened and closed before taking a seat. "You sent for me."

"Yes, we need to continue where we left off in our plans, which involves your training."Snoke kept the evil smile off his face as he felt Kylo's mood brighten a bit, he enjoyed training as much as he loved Zein. Little did this arrogant young man know, that his ignorance would cost him dearly in the end... and by then, it would be too late to change anything that was about to happen.