Chapter 1 : Stuck

Fey's POV:

Soft fingers pulled gently to tangled strands. My head rested on a small figure, that corrected my tarnished hair. Gently running a brush through the extensive mess I call mine. A hand attempts to shove me up, I snatch it from my shoulder and encase it safely with in my fingers.

"I'm still unsure on how you accomplished Purple To Blue Ombre Hair. You had to be super lucky to get your hair this perfect." A small smile form on my lips, it quickly dissipates as I feel a quick pain through my scalp. I groan at the agony, I'm very sensitive with my hair.

"Hey, sweetie if you want me to do your hair you can't be laying on me." Her fingers slip from mine.

"I don't want to go tonight." I slid up from my place, shifting my weight against the wall to stand. I sway over to a wooden loveseat. My elbow falls to the table, I crash my head to my hand cupping my chin. My eyes come up to glance at the slightly fragmented mirror.

Along the spider web cracks, I spot her tanned figure stand and slowly walk toward me.

"Why Fey? You were all for this party last week. " Her arm drape around my shoulders. "I got off work to come here and help us get all dressed up together, like always."

I pry her arms from me, rudely throwing them back against her.

"No Alex, I never wanted to go, I never want to go to any of them!"
I play with strands of my hair, avoiding the sad eyes that stare at me, hurting my heart.

"I don't like to go anywhere I have to lie. " My voice is barely a whisper, I knew she heard me though.

Back to small cracks my eyes flash and see the same image painted along them. Her face had a lost sunken look to it, and her eyes lost their shine. Her fingers come to tug through her pastel blue hair. The soft colored locks fall to her face as her arm slinks back to her waist.

My heart shatters a little bit. Every time she's sad small cracks form, this time, I caused it and it hurts so much more.

"Alex, I'm sorry. Don't be upset, please." Alex remains quiet as she slowly walks toward where I sat. A small creek echoed from the old loveseat as she sat away from the mirror. In the mirror, I saw her back slump and her shoulders narrowed as she folded into herself.

"I know you hate doing this Fey, I know you hate the party system we created. I hate it too. It just seems so hard to tell the truth, I'm afraid." As I turn to hold her, Alex pounces into my arms. Her arms grip around me tightly.

"Alex, it's harder to pretend to be something you're not." I feel my eyes begin to well up, my voice cracks as my throat feels as though it will close. I try so hard to choke back the hot tears that burn to escape.

"No no no no please, don't cry Fey. It'll be ok sweetie, I promise. " She rests her forehead against mine, her nose softly brushes on mine. "We don't have to go. Ok? I'll take you somewhere else. "

Her attempts to keep me happy warms my heart. But a bitter feeling in my throat still remains. Rising, tickling at my throat with a disgusting bubbling.

"I want to be with you Alex. With youuu. You're all I want and I want people to know. That way those stupid frat boys can turn their heads away. " My fingers curl to cup her jaw. Alex tilted her head to rest on my head closing her eyes, she pressed a soft kiss to my palm.

"I understand Fey." I frown. The moment her mouth writes a sweet smile across it, I sigh of relief. Her soft brown eyes flutter. She captures both my hands in hers. Her fingers tightly wrap onto my small hands.

"Who would we even tell first? " I let out a small laugh with a ring of denial.

Those soft eyes stare at me, that beautiful smile spreads further expressing her dimples.
"Whoever you want to. I'll be right there to do it with you. "