Pregnant

Derek wrapped his arm around Louise and walked her off set and home, Louise looked back at Norman and Mia who looked shocked at Derek's revelation. "Thought id finish early to see my girl" Derek told her, his arm around her neck was quite tight and made her uncomfortable. Derek moved in with Louise once she found out she was pregnant, he had controlled his temper better as well which put Louise at ease, sometimes.

Louise could feel her phone vibrating on the drive home, it would be Mia wondering what was going on and why she never told her she was pregnant. Walking inside, Derek grabbed her bag and searched for her phone "Norman? God is this guy not over you?" He snapped and stamped on the phone. She didnt react, she was used to accepting his moods. "You dont need a phone, you only go to work and home" he added, leaving the smashed phone on the floor as he gave her a look and went to sit down and watch tv. Louise cleaned it up and placed the pieces in the bin and went upstairs for a bath. It was the only place she could cry as the running water drowned out her tears.

Coming out the bathroom she saw Liam walk up the stairs, walk past her and shut his bedroom door, Louise knocked to enter but he ignored her, going in anyway she sat on his bed "good day at school?" She asked, he grunted a reply at her "you alright?" She asked trying to get a conversation out of him, he ignored her again. Louise flicked through a magazine on his bed while he played video games. "Mom, why do you put up with his shit?" He finally asked "oi! Watch your mouth!!" She scolded "oh please, Derek says worse to you!" He snapped "why do you let him do what he does?" Liam added, he was concerned for his mother. "He doesnt do it anymore" Louise responded and got up to leave his room "so whats this then?" He asked rolling the sleeve up on her top revealing more bruises from grab marks, Derek found a new place while she was pregnant. "Liam...its adult stuff." She dismissed it and went to her bedroom.

Derek got drunk at dinner, Sent Liam to his room for answering him back and taking it out on Louise for her 'backward' son. Going to bed before him she hoped to get a few hours sleep in before he came up more drunk and annoyed by something to take out on her.

Derek woke for work the next day, Louise had the day off and he wouldnt be home until tomorrow as he was staying at the station, he didnt know she had a day off, she used to lie about it from time to time to get some space away from him, god knows what he would do if he ever found that out. Liam left for school and hugged him mom tightly, with everyone gone Louise saw this as her chance to go out. Her car was her only escape into freedom, she could go anywhere in it, as long as the mileage added up, Derek knew the distance to set and the grocery store and that was really where he allowed her to drive to.

Driving 3 miles, she parked up and turned the engine off, she wasnt at set or the grocery store she was parked down a street. She had to walk the rest of the way. It was a 10 minute walk but it was easier than Derek checking the mileage and questioning her, and he thinks she is at work today anyway she had to do the right miles.

Turning into the street where Norman's apartment was she was pleased to see his car still outside, he hadnt left for work yet. She buzzed on his buzzer but the main door was open so she walked up the stairs to his door and knocked. He looked confused to see her standing there and looked to see if Derek was with her "he thinks im at work" she mentioned as he let her inside "Norman i have to talk to you," she started but he cut her off by kissing her with heat and passion "sorry...i dont know why i did that" he apologised awkwardly running his hands through his hair. Louise got her breath back from the kiss and put her bag down and took her sweater off, it showed off her bruises on her arms causing Norman to shake his head but she didnt care she had to see Norman today. "Please dont go work today" she asked softly. He walked over to her and stroked her bruises "why are you having a baby with this jackass sweetheart? He has you trapped now you know that" he told her looking deep into her eyes that were crying again. "Its not his baby" she whispered, Norman looked at her "its yours" she added, "how?" Was all Norman could say. "After Mia's wedding....i found out a few weeks later. Me and Derek...hadnt for a long while...i wanted to tell him and just leave but i couldnt so i slept with him so i could make out it was his and he would never question" Louise revealed. "Im so sorry" she added. Norman pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead "its ok. Im here"

Laying on his chest on the sofa he stroked her stomach, Louise turned to face him and asked "what do we do?"