three | My Little Flower

I was in complete and utter shock when I pulled up to the Fairen Castle. The stone looked anciently worn but beautifully sculpted. Of course looking at the castle made you feel as if you were in your very own fairy tale. I especially loved the green ivory winding its way up and around the stone siding. The lawn was perfectly manicured and I saw multiple bluebirds chirping and playing in the grass. I might not want to be the Queen of Amaren, but I wouldn't die living here for a while. That's certain. 

 While walking on the cobblestone pathway leading to the front double doors of the castle I found a stray flower. It was a single peach colored rose, I was drawn to the simplicity of the flower. A simplicity that was rare in my lifestyle of a monarch.  I carried the rose in my empty left hand, twirling it with each step.

"You're different alright." I jumped back in surprise as Prince Weston linked my arm with his. 

"Different is a good thing, I hope." I smiled while my blond hair masked my face in embarrassment.

"It is." He laughed. "May I ask why you have a single rose?" Prince Weston took the flower and examined it.

"It's my little flower. I found it by itself, I guess it lost its direction to the garden?" I shrugged taking my flower back.

"It has quite the exquisite color." He said while escorting me to the palace door. I nodded in agreement. "I suppose this is where we part, for now. I must talk to your cousins. Until next time, little flower." Prince Weston smirked while kissing my right hand. I didn't even have a chance to comment on the naive nickname, it was cute I'll give him that. 

Later that night I was escorted to the chamber where I will be sleeping in. I guess my mother told the palace my style interests and the colors I enjoyed the most. The bedroom was a very modern take on royalty, The dark wood paneled walls clashed perfectly with the light purple duvet cover. It was extremely polished to my liking. It must have been my mother.  She is quite the overachiever sometimes, well all the time. 

I walked around the room examining the layout and where important things went. The wooden desk would fit my laptop and music journals perfectly. Next I went towards the two large doors. The one on the left was a full closet, and the other one was my en suite bathroom. I could really go for a bath right now. Finally I could use my lavender soaks.

My peach rose lay on top of the cream colored pillow on the bed. I should get some water for the poor thing. I was walking to go to the sink when I heard my bedroom door open after a quick knock. I poked my head around the bathroom door and my jaw dropped when I saw Prince Weston standing there amused. 

"I thought you needed a vase for your flower, so I brought you one and it has water in it." He smiled walking towards me. I was shocked by his kindness, but I couldn't help think he brought everyone something prior.

"Wow, you read my mind. I was just getting the dehydrated guy some water. Thank you." I smiled as he gave me the vase. 

"You're very welcome, little flower." He chuckled as I put the flower in the vase and placed it on the bed side table. "I hope your room meets your expectations." He said looking at me with hopefulness.

"It blows me away, it's spectacular." I smile while sitting on the black settee at the end of the bed.

"Ok that's great, Danielle I believe her name is threw a fit because the lamp shade was a hue darker than she likes. I was completely flustered." He sighed sitting next to me.

"Danielle will be Danielle." I laughed at the ridiculousness of her tantrum. 

"Would you like to play a question asking game?" Weston's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Ok, you go first." I laughed at his eagerness.

"What's your favorite novel?" He asked.

"Cinderella, you know it was inspired by my great grandmother. Her name was Ella Bourbane." I said happily talking about the beautiful tale, talk about a happy ending! "Ok my turn. Are you scared with all of these girls invading your home?" I laughed and smiled at him.

"Actually yes, I can already see the high maintenance of the other girls." He shrugged with honesty.

"All I can say is good luck, you'll need it with those four." I smiled, his face grew confused.

"Do you not want to be here, Olivia?" He said taken aback. 

"Don't hate me, but I honestly don't even want to be a princess. That doesn't mean I can't be great friends with you." I offered the truth, I don't need to marry a prince. If we fall in love, then so be it. Whatever happens is in the universe hands. After that Weston and I stayed up sharing fond childhood memories and silly pranks that we've accomplished. I can say he is less of a snob then I thought he would be. I actually might miss leaving my new found friend.