Chapter 1: Rule of the Ankelons

DISCLAIMER: The relationship portrayed in this story is in no way ok under any circumstances in real life. This is work of fiction and should not be viewed as a reflection of reality. If you are a minor and are in a situation where a teacher or a much older person is being inappropriate with you, please talk about it to someone you trust since it might be illegal for the older person approaching you. I strongly advise against reading this story if this is a trigger for you. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself.

Ankelons... Majestic magical creatures who possess both dark and light magic. When they transform, they grow angel wings, which are both black and white. Their outfits are either stylish black and white dresses, for females, or attractive black and white suits, for males. Every Ankelon has a unique combination of both black and white. Some have a more dominant colour, which symbolizes their stronger affinity towards either dark or light magic. At least, that's how it's supposed to be. Some Ankelons, in very rare cases, only possess one colour, therefore, one magical affinity. There are the Light Ankelons, who are only capable of performing light magic, but in are much more powerful at it than regular Ankelons. White Ankelons are looked upon as a blessing. They can only give and bless, but they cannot destroy or curse. The opposite also exists. Dark Ankelons are the other type of special Ankelons. They can only learn dark magic, making them much more powerful in it than any other Ankelon. However, unlike White Ankelons, Dark Ankelons are frowned upon. They are viewed as a curse, since their magic is only used for destruction.

It's not like Dark Ankelons choose to be dark... They're just born like that. I never asked to be a curse among the Ankelons. Even my own parents shun me. Everything about my transformation screams dark magic. My wings are pitch black, my short sleeveless dress is really black... Even without transforming, my hair is black, as well as my eye colour. Apparently, when I was born, my parents noticed the dark magic within me, so they called me Onyx. Isn't that convenient...

Like any good Ankelon parents, they sent me away to Ankelon school, located in Magix, to "correct" me. The Ankelon school, called Infinite Castle, is located in the centre of the other three major magic schools: Alfea, Cloud Tower, and Red Fountain. Since Ankelons control the opposite magics, they've been placed in the middle as the more powerful creatures that shouldn't be messed with. This kept the students of the others schools from messing with each other. Or at least, that's what the location of the Ankelon school was intended for. The Ankelons have this bad habit of thinking that they are superior to all other magical creature. Due to that, they don't really bother meddling with "commoners".

In any case, here I am, in front of Infinite Castle's principal, a tall lean man with white and greyish black hair. His affinity probably leans more towards light magic.

"So you are Onyx, the problem Ankelon."

I sigh. Why does everyone have to address me as though I'm nothing more than a failure? I'm only sixteen and I already feel like my life is over!

"Yes, principal Anakoni. I am Onyx."

"I heard that your parents are very distressed about your situation... It was the right decision for them to send you here. We'll do everything in our power to give you some worth. Now, to see what we're dealing with, I'll need to see your transformation."

I sigh again. He's just hammering my self-esteem right in the ground. The only reason why I haven't completely given up on life is because of how powerful I am in dark magic. I actually pride myself in how strong my spells are. I know I am one of the best at it and that's what really keeps me going.

"Alright, here goes... By the power of light and darkness, transform!"

I feel myself enveloped in the usual pitch black sphere. Other Ankelons have a "brighter" transformation, if I must say. My black wings emerge from my back, and I get enveloped in a black sleeveless fitted dress that has its bust looking like a corset. Everything is black except for my skin that is extremely pale, contrasting with everything else.

Principal Anakoni looks at me with a troubled face.

"Hm... This is worse than I imagined. There isn't even a speck of white magic within you. You're like the ultimate curse. It seems like we'll have to take some drastic measures for this... You can transform back, for now. I'll make a few calls and tell you of the final decision. Until then, make sure you don't touch or talk to any of the other students. We don't want them getting cursed now."

"Yes sir..."

I can't believe the nerve of these people... It makes me feel ashamed to be an Ankelon. They have way too much pride... I guess it comes with the history and the power. As I walk around the school, I can see everyone acting friendly with each other. Unlike the other magical schools around this one, Infinite Castle is a mixed school. Not that it really matters, since I don't think any Ankelon, whether it's female or male, will ever approach me.

What did the principal mean by drastic measures, anyway? Are they going to do purification rituals on me? Don't these require sacrifices or something? No, no, Onyx, you read too many occult books for your own good. I just can't help but be interested in any form of dark magic.

I walk up to a fountain located in the middle of the school yard. I sit at the edge of it, waiting to be called by the principal.

I notice that no one else dares come and sit at the fountain now. They probably all know about me. Just as I was deep in thought, I find myself in the principal's office again. He must've summoned me using his magic. I barely noticed it, since it wasn't dark magic.

"We've reached a consensus. To make you learn white magic, we'll have to immerse you in it. Do you know of Alfea?"

"The fairy school?"

"Yes, that fairy school. I think it would be befitting of you to go learn their low level light magic to get you started on the right path."

"So, I'm getting transferred?"

"Yes, I called Faragonda, the headmistress of that school, and registered you for the next semester, which will be starting tomorrow. Pack your stuff as soon as you can and get going."

"Alright, sir."

Well, any place is better than here, if you ask me. To Alfea we go!