06; Hunter Training

Bailiwick 

noun | bai - li -wick | meaning - one's sphere of operations or particular area of interest. 

06; Hunter Training 

The room Miles Argent had been staying in was perfectly tidy. Not a thing was out of place, and every morning as he woke he got up, and began folding up the blankets and tucking in the sheets until the bed was perfectly made. He fluffed the pillows, angling them against the head of the bed. As he stepped back from his daily masterpiece, he'd scan the room for something to be out of place. Normally, nothing was. His room resembled one of a hotel. It was decorated, clean, and homely feeling, but not in any way actually a home. There were no personal items, nothing to show someone was actually living there. 

Miles, of course, hardly noticed how odd it was for a teenage boy to have no posters, trophies, or even books out in the perfectly kept room. Coming out of the bathroom after his morning shower with a towel tightly tucked around his waist, he sat on on the edge of the bed. Next to him were a pile of folded clothes he picked out for the day, but he didn't move to put them on just yet. Instead, he slid his hand slowly under his pillow, his finger tips connecting with a piece of cold metal, curling carefully around the sharp edges as he slowly drug it into view. 

The young hunter turned the arrow head in his hands carefully. He'd been keeping it under his pillow since the night he'd found it. He had yet to tell anyone else of his discovery, and he hadn't been able to make himself address Allison about it either. The entire situation was eating him alive. In fact, he could hardly make himself look his grandfather in the eyes. Miles knew he couldn't keep the act up much longer, but he didn't know what he wanted to do about it. 

If he told the others, he'd be turning in the  closest thing he had to a friend in the entire town. If he confronted Allison, he would have to hear her admit that she sabotaged a hunt, making her out to be someone he didn't actually know. After all the rumors he'd heard about Kate, who he had trusted more then anyone, Miles didn't know if he could handle another betrayal like that. 

But then there was the option of not doing anything about the situation, like he was right now, which made him feel like a complete traitor. That was just about the worst feeling he'd ever felt, and he wanted more then anything for it to go away. All the work he'd done to be treated like an equal in the eyes of his family, only to risk throwing it all away for what? A cousin he thought he knew? 

Miles slid the arrowhead back under his pillow, wishing all his problems and worries would slid away with it. But they didn't. They weighed down on his shoulders, making them ache along with his head as he forced himself to get dressed. 

Just as Miles finished with the buttons on his shirt, a short, firm knock came from his closed bedroom door. Miles muttered a 'come in'.

Chris Argent entered the bedroom. Unsurprisingly, he found not a thing out of place, the room looking just as it did before they'd let Miles come and stay with them. The only noticeable difference the the room was the stern looking teenage standing straight, his hands behind his back and his head high in the air.