Chapter 6

Malik awakened to an empty bed. At first he thought last night had been a dream. Until he heard Alya's laugh coming from down the hall. He smiled and went to his bathroom. After a morning piss and doing his hygiene routine he got dressed in a simple beige suit and headed out of his room. He reached Hayden's room and looked in to see it empty.

Following the voices, he walked down into the kitchen where he saw his grandmother sipping a mug of coffee as Alya stood at his stove and Hayden stood nearby watching her.

"I like blueberry pancakes," she said with a nod.

Alya smiled down to her as she said, "I will bet my life that these are the best blueberry pancakes you ever tasted."

Malik smiled as he watched Hayden hang on to Alya's belt loop as she watched intently whatever Alya was doing to their pancakes.

"Hey Son," Gram called pulling his attention to her.

He smiled and walked over and kissed her cheek. Alya looked his way and smiled. He kissed her cheek as well before bending down and kissing Hayden's forehead.

"Smells good in here," he complimented.

Hayden grinned as she said, "Blueberry pancakes, and sausages, and eggs, and orange juice! Coffee too. But I don't like that."

Alya smirked as Malik said, "I guess I did good last night."

Oblivious to what he was talking about Hayden shouted, "Yeah! Bringing Alya here was really good! Can she take me to school today?! Please Daddy!"

Malik laughed before replying, "Alya has some things to handle today. So Gram will take you. But if you do really good in school today you can ask Alya to take you on Monday."

Hayden huffed but nodded her head as she turned to see Alya plate their food. Afterwards, they sat around the table eating as Hayden babbled on and on to Alya. Malik's phone rang and he frowned slightly when Dedria's name popped up. He swiped right to answer.

"Hello," he called, signaling Hayden to be quiet.

"Have you seen Alya," she asked. "She's not at home."

"She's right here," he informed her and handed his phone to Alya.

"Hello," she called into the phone.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HIM WHEN WE HAVE THINGS TO DO," Dedria yelled.

Hayden looked to Alya concerned. Alya stood and walked a little away from the table.

"He came to save me from someone last night and we thought it best I come to his place," she explained.

"YOU COULD'VE COME TO ME," Dedria yelled. "BUT FINE! JUST BE ON TIME FOR YOUR PHOTOSHOOT WITH PEOPLE MAGAZINE FOR YOUR Q&A ARTICLE!"

With that the line disconnected and Alya returned to the table and handed Malik his phone. She was gone have to remind Dedria who was working for who. She looked to Malik as she gave a small smile. He smiled back and finished up his breakfast.

"This was great Baby," he complimented as he went to put his dishes in the washer.

Gram nodded as she said, "You should come over more often. Give me a break from the kitchen!"

They all shared a laugh as Alya collected her and Hayden's dishes and walked into the kitchen with Malik. As she bent over putting the dishes in the washer he took the chance to run his palm over her ass and she looked back at him with a smirk on her face.

"If we didn't have to get going right now I'd take your sexy ass back upstairs," he whispered in a husky aroused voice.

She turned and kissed his lips before going over to the dining area. She kissed Hayden's curls and got a kiss on her cheek in return.