Her smile disappeared.

"Why are you asking that? Are you thinking about leaving the house?" She frowned.

I sat down next to her.

"Maybe."

"And why is that? Aren't you happy here with your beloved parents?"

"I am. But I feel like I'm old enough to get my own apartment. You know, so I wouldn't bother you guys and have more freedom."

"Honey, it's an old and small place to live in, you won't be comfortable." She sighed.

"I'm all alone."

"What if something bad happens huh? You're not responsible enough Chin-Hae."

"My friend Namjoon lives in the same building."

"Are you ready to live on your own?" She asked.

"I like being alone. I came alone back home at almost midnight." I shrugged.

"What were you doing?"

"You ask too many questions."

"I will have to talk about this to your dad, Chin."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure he'll be cool with it."

The next morning

I woke up to my dad throwing an entire glass of water on my face.

"DAD WHAT THE FUCK." I said, punching his shoulder.

"Little spider, I've been trying to wake you up for ten minutes! It's 1 pm!"

"Let me sleep and die." I said, pulling up my sheets full of water.

"Would you get up if I said yes?"

"Yes for what?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh ma gawd THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I hugged him, getting his shirt wet too.

"On one condition."

Lord I hate his 'conditions'.

"You'll have to keep an eye on Nah-ri."

"Who the fuck is Nah-ri? Dad, the last time I babysitted I..."

"She's about your age. The daughter of some family friends. Lately she has been drinking and going to night clubs a lot. Since she lives two blocks away from the apartment, your mother and I thought you could help. Her father organized a cafe date for you two to become friends. She must not find out that you're keeping an eye on her. You must be a good influence. And plus, her family helped us so much in ways that you can't understand for now. Deal?"

"I have no choice right?"

"That if you don't want to live with your old mom and dad."