There was a few moments of silence until I spoke up, “You intrigued me too you know. When I first saw you and you were staring at me I thought you were just judging me for being a freak but after a while I realized you were actually trying to talk to me. I guess I just wanted to know what it was like to have a friend for once. I was just scared to let you in.”

He grabbed my hand and looked at me, “I’m glad that you let me in. If I’m going to fall in love with anyone then I want it to be you.”

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before laying my head on his shoulder.

“Zayn?”

“Yea Hazza?”

“You know you’re special right?”

I shook my head, “What do you mean?”

“I mean that I want you to know that you’re more than just a boy to me. You’re more than just some guy that I met in my math class. All of those things that I said to your father are true. I meant every single thing. I need you to know how much you mean to me and how much I want you in my life. I know we’ve only been dating for a little while but I want you to realize that without you I couldn’t possibly be this happy.”

I squeezed his hand tight, “I definitely couldn’t be this happy without you either Harry. You’re my everything.”

“And always remember that no matter how useless you think you are and how useless people tell you you are, you will always be my reason to smile. You’ll never be useless in my eyes.”

“Thank you love.” I paused for a moment, “Sorry I ran off on you…”

He let out a light chuckle, “It’s ok love. I understand. I was being a bit odd back there. I probably would’ve run off to if I was you.” I snuggled closer to him and let out a sigh. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m just really happy. I mean after what happened today with my dad and all I was expecting to be really, like, upset. But I’m just really happy.”

“I’m really glad that you’re happy. I must admit today was quite the…adventure.”

I nodded, “Agreed.”

We sat in silence for a while just enjoying each other’s warmth. I could stay snuggled close to my Hazza forever but sadly he slowly got up and said, “I’ll be right back. I just have to make a quick phone call.”

I nodded and after a few minutes of mumbling something I couldn’t quite hear he came back under the bridge and held out his hand to me.

“Come on Zaynie. Let’s go home and cuddle. I’ll make us some dinner and we can watch a movie.”

I smiled, “That sounds wonderful.”

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up but he didn’t let go as we walked back to his car.

Harry POV:

I was a little nervous that there would be a knock on the door from the police that evening since I had called them earlier while we were by the bridge. I just couldn’t stand the fact that after all he did he would be left alone to live his life like he always did. I couldn’t help calling them and telling them that an abusive father was lying in his house unconscious because he had attacked two teenagers. Thankfully the police believed me and they said that they would be to the house as soon as they could. When we were walking back from the park on the way to my car I saw a few police cars driving down the road with their sirens on and I couldn’t help but smile. Especially since they were driving towards Zayn’s father’s house. I knew that eventually they would call Zayn and I in for some questioning but I wanted to talk to Zayn about it before they came knocking on our door. At the moment we were both sitting on the couch watching ‘James Bond’ and eating some chicken parmesan that I had made. Zayn looked extremely content compared to how he looked earlier this morning. I was happy to see him with a smile on his face. He finished his last bite of food and took his plate into the kitchen to clean it and get a drink of water.

 He walked into the living room and said, “I’ve been thinking a lot.”

“About what love?”

He shrugged, “My father, school, us…”

“And?”

He scratched the back of his head and continued, “I’ve been wondering if my father ever really loved me like I thought he did. Like maybe he just acted like he loved me because he wanted to keep my mum around. I mean I just don’t get how a parent can just stop loving their children after loving them their whole lives. It just frustrates me. And now that I think back to all of the things he did to me and how he treated me like garbage I just don’t see how I didn’t do something about it. How could I just let him do that to me? I must be absolutely mental.”

He walked over to the couch and plopped down next to me. I put my arm around his shoulders and said, “You’re not mental love. You were just looking for his approval. It may seem crazy now but it really wasn’t crazy at all. Every child wants their parents to love them.”

He nodded, “Yea I guess so…”

“So what were you thinking about school and us?”

He shrugged, “I was just thinking about what school I would want to go to for art and stuff. I want to be able to get into somewhere good but there’s no way I can go to a great school without any money. I need to work for a scholarship or something. Or maybe I should start off somewhere cheap and then work my way up. I don’t know. It’s all so much to think about.”

“I understand love. You should just take your time with everything. You’ve been really stressed out lately.”

“Yea…and about us…”

“Yea?”

“What do you think we’re going to be like in a few years?”

I thought for a moment and replied, “I think that in a few years we’re going to be happy. Like maybe we’ll have some rough spots in our relationship because we’ll be going to different schools and stuff but other than that I think we’re going to be together for a long time. Like I’ve never felt this way about anyone. Never in my life has anyone made me feel so good and so happy about my life. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me and if you think that I’m just going to let you go you’ve got some rethinking to do sir.”

He chuckled, “I would never think that you would just let me go. You’re too stubborn for that.”

“I’m too stubborn?! Ha! I think we both know who the stubborn one is in this relationship and it’s not me!”

“Mhm sure. You just keep telling yourself that Styles.”

“Oh so we’re playing that game huh Malik?”

He gave me a devious look and before I knew it I was being smacked across the face with a pillow. He laughed at me and I tackled him onto the floor. I grabbed a pillow from the couch and hit him with it repeatedly.

“You like that Malik? You like that?”

He kept on laughing and eventually I burst out into laughter with him. I fell onto the floor next to him and we both laid there for a few minutes not able to speak a word.

“You’re so weird Styles.”

I looked at him, “But I’m your favorite weird person.”

He smiled, “Of course you are.”

I took a blanket from the chair next to me and draped it over us before snuggling up close to him. I was almost asleep when Zayn spoke up.

“Hazza?”

“Hmm?”

He stayed silent for a moment, “How does it feel to have a home?”

“I don’t know. How do you feel right now?”

“Pretty damn good.”

I smiled, “Then I guess it feels pretty damn good.”

He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles, “Thank you.”

I placed a gentle kiss to his temple, “Welcome home Zaynie.”