Chapter Twenty-Three: Love Sick Puppy

Start from the beginning

“What’s up lovely people,” Annabelle chirped as she and Lillian walked up to us but their joyful expression turned into a one of confusion when they saw Jessica’s horrified expression, Lucas’ poker face and my mouth dangling open.

“Explain,” Lillian almost demanded as she scanned the three of us carefully.

Jessica shook her head and Lucas was about to open his mouth once again only for my best friend to smack her hand over his mouth, “Don’t you dare say it.”

He wrapped his long fingers around her thin wrist and yanked her hand away, “Don’t you dare do that again.”

“Then don’t tell them!”

“Why? Afraid that everybody will know that you’re a slut?” Lucas questioned making students who were at the middle of running to their classrooms to suddenly stop to pay attention to us.

Shock was an understatement for what everybody looked like and when I saw the tears forming in Jessica’s eyes, I couldn’t help but feel mad at Lucas.

“Don’t call my best friend a slut!” I growled.

“She deserves it after what she has done to Blake,” he countered.

I glared at him as I was slowly seeing the old Lucas back. The one I fought and argued all the time.

The late bell rung and the few people who were listening to our conversation, rushed into their classes but the five of us stayed perfectly still to where we were standing.

“We’re a bit lost here,” Annabelle complained.

“Jessica slept with some college guy at Blake’s room and my twin saw them together in bed,” Lucas told them before Jessica could stop him.

Their expressions were the same as mine when I heard it earlier. It was a mixture of shock, horror and disbelief.

“Who?” Lillian asked.

The tension got heavier after that, if it was even possible. Jessica was in complete silent for a good minute before she finally confessed.

“Charlie,” she mumbled under her breath but it was loud enough for us to hear and for us to hold our breaths in anticipation for Lillian’s reaction.

“Please tell me you’re lying,” Lillian pleaded, grabbing Jessica’s shoulder and shaking it. Her silence was enough for a confirmation and Lillian took a few steps back away from Jessica.

First day of school after the holidays and it contained more drama than those pathetic soap operas that Jazzy watches.

Let’s have a recap of what’s happening, shall we? I managed to kiss the guy I like three times, I got a huge surprise necklace from the person who has a crush on me yet I used to despise, my best friend just slept with a guy thus breaking any possible romance from the guy she actually likes and ruining her friendship with one of her other best friends.

Yup, just a normal episode of the Celeste Graham Show.

Footsteps echoed down the halls causing us to turn our heads until Drew came into view. He had his backpack slung lazily on his shoulder as he walked while grumbling curses under his breath. He looked like he rolled out of bed and his bed hair made him look ten times more attractive. If this situation wasn’t so tense, I would have kissed him senseless then and there.

 So maybe I am acting like a little love sick puppy just as how Jessica described.

Drew stopped on his tracks when he saw our little group and eyed us curiously.