Mr. and Ms. Beaver

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall," Mr. Beaver said. We passed through large cliffs and under a large stone arch.

Finally we turned a corner and spotted a small house built of sticks, logs and other things. Smoke rises from the chimney. This must be where Mr. Beaver lived. "Ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o' Rosy Lee," Mr. Beaver said.

"It's lovely," Lucy said. "Oh, it's merely a trifle, you know. Still got plenty of work to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is done," Mr. Beaver said as we continued.

As we approached the house, we heard a female's voice, "Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick!" A female beaver came out of the dam. "If I find you've been out with Badger again I -"

She stopped when she spotted all of us coming towards her. "Oh, those aren't Badgers," She said quietly in amazement. Ms. Beaver walked towards us, "Oh, I never thought I would live to see this day!" Then she looked at Mr. Beaver.

"Look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" Ms. Beaver asked. "I'd give you a week if I thought it would've helped," Mr. Beaver said and then chuckled. We all chuckled.

"Come inside and we'll see if we can't get you some food. And some civilized company," Ms. Beaver said and Mr. Beaver chuckled. Ms. Beaver led us all inside the small house. "Now, careful. Watch your step," Mr. Beaver said as we followed Ms. Beaver inside.

"Excuse the mess. Can't get Mr. Beaver to get out of his chair," Ms. Beaver said. We all, except from Edmund, went and sat around their small kitchen dining table as Ms. Beaver cooked up some food.

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?" I asked. "They'll have been taken him to the Witch's house. And you know what they say: there's few who go through them gates that come out again," Mr. Beaver said.

Ms. Beaver walked over to us and placed a plate down in front of Lucy, "Fish and chips, dear. But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

At this Mr. Beaver choked on his drink and then said, "Oh yeah, there's a right bit more than hope!" Then he proceeded to lean closer to us and said seriously, "Aslan is on the move."

Peter and I sheared a confused look and Edmund come over from his place on the stairs. "Who's Aslan?" He asked. Mr. Beaver laughing. "Who's Aslan?" He asked and continued to laughing. "You cheeky little blighter."

Ms. Beaver noticed that we were serious and she hit Mr. Beaver to stop laughing. He stopped and looked at everyone of us. "You don't know, do you?" He asked.

"Well, we haven't exactly been here very long," I said. "He's only the king the whole wood, the top geezer . . . The real king of Narnia!" Mr. Beaver said.

Ms. Beaver placed her hand on Mr. Beaver. "He's been away for a long while," She added. "But he just got back! And he's waiting for you near the Stone Table!" Mr. Beaver said. "He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked.

"You're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr. Beaver said. "Well, then . . ." Ms. Beaver said, gesturing towards us.

Mr. Beaver sighed. "Look. Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver said. "You're blaming us?" Susan asked.

"No! Not blaming. Thanking you," Ms. Beaver said. "There's a prophecy. 'When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.'," Mr. Beaver said.

"You know that doesn't really rhyme," Susan said. "Yeah, I know it don't, but you're kinda missin' the point!" Mr. Beaver said. "It has long been foretold that two sons of Adam and three daughters of Eve will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia," Ms. Beaver said.

"And you think we're the ones?" I asked. "Well you'd better be, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army," Mr. Beaver said. "Our army?" Lucy asked, surprised.

"Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war," Susan said to Peter and me. Peter shook his head. "I think you've made a mistake," I said. "We're not heroes," Peter added. "We're from Finchley," Susan said.

"Hmm?" Mr. Beaver asked. "Thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go," Susan said as she, Peter and I got up. "No, you can't just leave," Mr. Beaver said. "He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus," Lucy said.

"I'm sorry, Lu, but it's out of our hands," I said to Lucy and then turned to Mr. and Ms. Beaver. "I'm sorry but it's time the five of us to get home," I said. "Ed?" Peter started as he turned around but Edmund wasn't there.

"Ed?" I asked. "I'm going to kill him," Peter said. "You may not have to," Mr. Beaver said and we turned to look at him, "Has Edmund ever been in Narnia before?" He asked. We all shared a look before rushing out.

We all ran through the snow, "Hurry!" Peter called. We reached the top of a hill and saw Edmund going through the Witch's castle gates. "Edmund!" Lucy shouted. "Shh! They'll hear ya!" Mr. Beaver said.

Peter and I started to ran after Edmund but Mr. Beaver grabbed us by the coats. "NO!" Mr. Beaver said. "Get off me!" Peter said as I said, "Let go!"

"You're playing into her hands!" Mr. Beaver said. "We can't just let him go!" Susan said. "He's our brother!" Lucy added. "He's the bait! The Witch wants all five of ya!" Mr. Beaver said.

"Why?" Peter and I asked at the same time. "To stop the prophecy from coming true! To kill ya!" Mr. Beaver said. We turned to the castle and saw the doors closing. "This is all your fault!" Susan said to Peter.

"My fault?" Peter asked. "None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!" Susan said.

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?" Peter asked. "I didn't know what would happen which is why we should've left while we still could!" Susan said.

"Stop it!" I said, coming between them. "This isn't going to help Edmund!" Lucy said. "She's right. Only Aslan can help your brother now," Mr. Beaver said. "Then take us to him," I said, looking at Mr. Beaver.

Mr. Beaver started to walk away and Lucy and Susan slowly started to follow. I looked at Peter and saw he was looking at the castle. "Peter, come on," I said gently and grabbed my twin's hand and we started to follow the others.