Liam's kid faking sick- for TaylorDeniseGarza

Start from the beginning

I sneaked out into the kitchen and swiped the little dispenser from the pantry. Thankfully nobody saw me and I hurried back to my room, already shaking some onto my hand. It really did smell .

 I breathed out and raised my hand to my nose before inhaling sharply, successfully sniffing the lot of it up my nose.

Obviously I sniffed a little to hard because most of it just clumped and went straight down the back of my nose and into my throat, sticking there because of the moisture. I tried to swallow it down but my nose twitched and tickled and then all of a sudden I couldn't stop sneezing, my hands flying up to cover my mouth as they shot out rapid-fire. 

With my nose occupied with sneezing every second second and the clump of black pepper stuck in my throat, I found that I was choking, I actually couldn't breathe. The nasty spice of the pepper was not helping.

I coughed loudly between sneezes, trying to get the clump out of my throat and actually get some air into my dying lungs. I would admit that this idea had seemed a lot brighter before. Death from choking would end my basketball career just the same as failing my chemistry test.

"What the hell?" 

Through teary eyes I saw my older sister Tora looking at me like I was crazy. 

"Mum! I think Dylan's dying!" she yelled.

I dropped the black pepper and kicked it under the bed as a violent sneeze almost made me fall over. They just kept coming. I was beginning to get light-headed. 

Mum rushed in and then Dad not long after when the clump was finally starting to disintegrate, letting me inhale a few shuddery breaths before the black pepper came back for revenge and I started sneezing again, so close together that it sounded like coughing.

Mum gently sat me on my bed and rubbed my back while Dad just tried to get me to calm down.

"Dyl, you've just got to breath, yeah? Copy me, buddy," he instructed and I felt like kicking him. Didn't he think that if I could breathe I would? Stupid fucking black pepper. Stupid Brandon.

When it finally slowed down, I gulped a lungful of air down like I'd just come up from a 40 meter dive and fell back onto the bed, my chest aching. Why did I think that would be a good idea?

"Are you okay?" Mum asked worriedly. 

I responded with a feeble shrug, letting out another sneeze.

"Three minutes, Dylan!" Tora called. My face was wet with tears and I hurriedly wiped them off as I recollected myself.

Dad passed my a tissue from my bedside table and frowned at me, "was that a freak thing or are you not well?"

"I feel s-" 

I turned to cough up the last of the pepper and grimaced as it slid down my throat. It would suck if they didn't let me stay home now. I'd almost died, if I had to sit the test anyway it would've been for nothing.

"-sick. I think I'm sick."

 I let my head hang forward.

"Two minutes!"

Mum felt for a temperature and then sat back with a frown, "you're warm. . ."

I wasn't surprised, I had just gone a good minute and a half without oxygen. My face was probably the colour of a firetruck to go with it. I sneezed again, twice.

Pretend like school is your top priority. . .

Brandon managed sixteen days off last term, if there's someone I can trust with this it's him. Yes, the black pepper had been awful, but it had done the job.