Chapter 12

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well currently I am in the dinning room. Yesterday nothing much happened except the accidental run in with Austin. We got to know yesterday that everyone in the wedding party wants to have lunch together since everyone arrived yesterday night. Even though lunch is given to everyone but today only the wedding party will be sitting in the room. According to Emily this lunch should be perfect. She told me some other things yesterday but I wasn't paying attention since I was freaking out from the inside about today cause apparently even though Ava is not in the wedding party but she is Austin's girlfriend and date to the wedding so even her place is there on the table. But good thing for me is that I don't really need to stick around in the room since I am in-charge of the kitchen. I haven't spoken to Kai as of now because I could not find him in the morning but I will tell him once I would enter the kitchen. 

The kids are upstairs with Karen in my room so I don't have to worry about them. "Charllote", I hear someone yelling my name and Emily coming towards me as fast as she can in her heels. "Ok so all of the guest have arrived, so is everything done here because Amelia called and said that all of them are pretty hungry. If not I can just ask them to sit in the parlor." "No don't do that. Everything is done I'll just go and check with Kai whether not not the entrees are done or not." 

When I enter the kitchen everyone is on their toes. I go over to Kai. He is too busy to even notice me. "Hey they are here so is everything ready", I ask him. "Yeah everything is ready and just needs to be plated", he says not even looking at me. Judging from his posture I feel that it is not the best time to talk to him so I walk over to the side and call my assistant so that we can look over into some other details. I decide to drop a text to Kai.

*Hey I really need to talk to you so whenever you're just give me a call*

After I texted him I went back to work. Since most of my work today was just supervising I did not really have a lot to do. I thought about calling Karen and ask her about the kids but then I thought she would have everything under control. So I sat down on one of the breakfast seats in the kitchen and started browsing through some photos since I did not want to disturb since everyone was really busy. I got a text from Emily that its time.

"Okay everyone its time to send out the entrees" I yell at everyone. The waiters start coming and taking the plates out. Today's menu consists of smoked salmon with asparagus benedict which is the entrees. For the main course there is rosemary braised lamb chops and for dessert we have Palvola with blueberry jam. All of it just looks delicious but we can't eat as of now. As soon as the entrees leave Kai and his team start working on giving the final touches to the main course.

Suddenly the doors open and one of the waiters come to me with a plate of the entrees. "One of the guests said that she does not want salmon because she is allergic to it and is asking for a salad" she tells me dropping the plate on the table top. I already know who it is and I can already feel rage bubbling inside of me but I control it.

 I can already see Kai looking my way to see what is happening. He looks confused since people only send back their plates when they don't like it. But before he can say anything I beat him to it. "Well apparently Ava is allergic to salmon" I tell him sarcastically, "and now she is demanding a salad". "What the hell.... Amelia was the one who decided upon this menu couldn't Ava had told her before hand" I say and I can see that his temper is starting to rise. He leans against the counter and takes a deep breath, "Julio", he yells, "Yeah" "Start making a Ceasers salad" he tells him and looks at me. "Well since we can't do anything about that why don't you eat it Char", "What, no", :Oh come on you kind off like salmon and you haven't eaten anything in the entire day" , i am really touched by his gesture. He is always taking care of me. "Okay, but I need to talk to you." "Yeah sure we'll talk after work" he says as he goes back to work.