Noras Near Death Experience

All though I am currently working on my nde story and spiritual experiences in full, here is a brief summary of what I believe to have been a nde, in 1996.

At 22 years old I had been knocked unconscious almost too many times to remember. Either by falling off a horse or slamming my head on ice while skiing or snowboarding, my poor head took a hammering.

The knockout previous to my nde occurred on the ski slopes in nz. I was going for the big roll over jump and flew at least 3 stories into the air. While in mid air I remember looking down at my skis and seeing one fall completely off my boot. The next thing I was in dreamland. All the dreams I had from the last week flooded back in some kind of fast forward movie. I didn't know who I was, where I was, what planet I was on. I was just dreaming of a ski field. It was only as I was dragged off to ski patrol that I realized not all things were right.

The next winter season if was back on the slopes, snowboarding with a passion. Down if drop into a well-known ski jump I had hit hundreds of times before. Unfortunately I did not check the landing and got a lot more air than I anticipated. I slammed jaw first onto a mogul (ski bump). Shocked and glad to be alive I could hear my flat mate yell words of concern across the valley. My face was completely numb and the first thing that went through my mind was broken jaw, missing teeth, blood. All these things are difficult to compute when all senses are hanging on the end of your neurotransmitters.

Relief - no blood or missing teeth. Elation rushes through, a celebration of escaping death. A mixture of thanks for dear life and yee haa prevails - I'm a survivor. Unfortunately this feeling was short lived.

With confidence I set off down the steep gulley. A couple of turns later and all of my body reactions stopped. I could not breath, gasp for air or move. I had experienced many windings in my life; some resulting in unconsciousness, but nothing like this. Luckily my snowboard dug into the side of the slope, stopping my incapacitated body from tumbling downhill. What I remember from this point onwards has affected me considerably. It was different to any knockouts I had ever had; any lucid dreams, any nightmares and any drug induced hallucination. I woke in my unconsciousness, or what I thought was.

There was complete darkness, a void, coolness, and calmness. I had no body, no form, no name, and no persona. I was my raw 'self', clear, simple, and aware. As I realized all of this, questions arose in my mind. Thoughts like - who am I, where am I, bloody nora, is this a LSD flashback, what is going on? To the point that I worked out that I must be dead.

Upon realizing I was dead even stranger things happened. Suddenly I was jet propelled into space, like star trek hyperspace travel - stars just shooting past me to the point they formed blurred streaks. A thumping/pulsing sensation began and got stronger as the stars blurred past faster. Then I felt the pulsing feeling take over like I was being electric shocked. This feeling got stronger and stronger until I heard voices yelling my name, screaming 'AMANDA', panicked.

This brought me around and it was like I got sucked into reality again, absorbed like a sponge. I was completely shocked, crying and a mess. I had been out for a long time and my flat mate reported that I had showed no vital signs. I had urinated myself during the episode and was badly shaken. Although the experience greatly scared and shocked me it has given me an insight into my true essence, my center and complete self - that with no personas. From this experience I found out what my 'self' is, such a light and simple being, like a star shinning in the universe, beaming energy.