Chapter 2

Not good not good not good.

What could have happened? Why wouldn't the transformation come off? What would happen if she could never become Marinette again?

These thoughts swirled in the girl's head as she paced back and fourth on one of the beams of the Eiffel Tower. After finding out she couldn't change back, Marinette was ready to fly into full on freak out mode. Except she was still in the girl's bathroom. And she heard footsteps.

Immediately the girl locked herself in one of the stalls and kicked up her feet so no one would see her spots. Just in time to hide from Chloé and Sabrina. The blond was ranting about how pathetic her classmates were and The orange haired girl was faithfully following behind her toting the blond's excessively large makeup bag.

"I mean, can you believe that pathetic freak actually thought I was going to do anything with him, before making sure my hair and makeup were perfect? What does he think this is, the Stone Age? Just because the teacher said I have to work with him doesn't mean I have to look like him."

"Yes, Chloé. Absolutely."

"Of course you will be doing my share of the work, won't you Sabrina."

"Okay, Chloé."

"Speaking of pathetic freaks, that loser Marinette wasn't here today. Maybe she'll finally take a hint and stay gone. Wouldn't that be great."

"Yes! Great! Here's your mascara."

"And did you hear what that pathetic Rose said in class. I can't believe-"

That was all Marinette heard. She had stopped listening. All she really wanted to do right now was run. Run to somewhere else. Anywhere would be better than here. She felt like she just wanted to curl up into a ball and wallow in her sad silence, but at the same time she just wanted to climb as high as she could and scream at the sky until she couldn't scream any more.

She didn't know why this was happening and she didn't know how to fix it. Right now she couldn't become Marinette, and, to be honest, as she sat on the Eiffel Tower and looked out at Paris, she couldn't help but think, "so what?"

"So I can't change back. So what? It's not like anyone was too happy with her right now. Maybe this is a good thing. I just need a break from being Marinette. Just a little time away from it all. I just need to live one life for a little while. Paris can survive without Marinette for a few days. No one's gonna miss her. And it'll just be for a little while. What could go wrong? Sure there may be a small search for me, but I'm sure it won't cause too much trouble. I'll be back before they know it." She thought.

"It'll only be for a little while - she thought - just a little while." And as she watched the city of Paris below her and watched the people carry on with their day and live their lives, she almost believed herself.