LUCY

A/N

Please don't hate me!!! I know I said I wouldn't take so long for an update but I had to study for Test and such.. So excuse my absence and enjoy the chapter!!
**^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^**^^*^^^

I waited patiently for Jacent's response. I can tell he was embarrassed by his crimson red face. I really wanted to laugh but that will be a bad move. So I just wait patiently. Just when I thought I was going to wait an eternity he speaks.

"It's because I really like you and I couldn't keep it in anymore."

I was taken back a bit. I wasn't expecting that at all. At all. I mean I knew that the kid liked me but really likes me is kind of a shock.

Janelle was basically all the boys in our childhood. No boy ever liked me besides that time my cousin had more than family friendly feelings me. That was a very weird stage in my life. And I think it was for him too. I was basically a normal looking girl. With long brown wavy aurbon hair. With freckles on each side of my cheek, small frame and long eyelashes, and I'm running out of things to say. I better answer Jacent he's looking rather wiery right now.

"That's not what I was expecting."

"What were you expecting?" He asked curiously.

"Honestly?"

"Tell the truth." He cooed.

I smiled slightly.

"I thought you were going to lie." I admitted.

"Me? You think of me that low lu?"

"No, of course not. It's just you were hesitant that's all."

"Oh. I understand, I'm sorry I made you feel that way."

"It's fine it's in the past!" I said a little too excited.

"Whatever you say, lu." He laughs.

"So, what do you think of Caden and Janelle?" Continuing to shuffle my feet across the dance floor.

"I'm happy for him, I mean he hasn't gotten serious with any girl like that. Normally, girls and boys will be intimidated by him."

I believed what Jacent was saying because that happened to me and Janelle often finding out that we were the offspring of one of the most famous shadowhunters.

"Yeah, that's easy to understand, but I bet you had all the girls chasing you didn't they?" I wink with both eyes. I could never blink right....

"You can say something like that but more like throwing themselves at me literally I almost got a bruise one time on my shoulder." He shuddered. He started looking off into the distance squinting his eyes.

"Okay, you're scaring me with that face please stop!" I said laughing a little too hard.

Jacent started looking at me intently.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked putting my hands all over my tanned face.

"No, you just have beautiful laugh that's all." He said looking down, blushing.