LUCY

Tonight was the dance.

I didn't want to go.

Violet was forcing me too.

Do I really have a choice?

One thing, I've learned from Violet is that she doesn't take no for an answer.

Even when I beg and beg she didn't budge.

Apparently, this was supposed to be the big dance before training started. In my experience in the pass with training it's awesome.

Surprisingly I like my dress. I wanted to go for a smart but edgy look and of course with my older sister Janelle's help and of course Violet's help with makeup. Janelle was adopted from my mother when I was 2 and she was 4. She always a great big sister.  I loved her like my own.

But I was still having trouble about which dress I would wear. I was either going to wear the white or black dress. Both look really cute.

After I finished showering because the dance was in less than an a hour I heard a knock

I quickly slipped on something not looking at what it was.

Jacent was at the door.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hi, um I wanted to ask you something?" He said slightly blushing.

"Go ahead." I started encouraging him.

He stared at me intently.

"Lucy, will you please do me the honor of going to the dance with me in the next 45 minutes?" He asked me looking straight in my hazel brown eyes.

I didn't know what to say.

I liked him more than I expected to.

I knew that if I turned him down I might not have anything else to do with him. He'll probably go to someone prettier than me like Janelle or Violet.

"Yes." I say with a smile and a nod.

"Can you pinch me?" I look at him oddly. "I just want to make sure I'm not dreaming." He said smiling.

"I can't do that. My pinches aren't just pinches they're murder, trust me!" I say between giggles.

"Yeah. Your nails are pretty sharp." He said smirking.

"Oh my gosh! No you didn't! First, you ask me to the dance and then you're going to insult me! Nope see you later!" With that I slam the door in his face while he's still laughing his handsome head off.

"See you soon!" He says from the outside of the wooden door.

I just smile and continue getting ready for the dance with my date Jacent.

^***^***^***^***^***^***^***^***^

After 5 or 10 minutes later I was ready. I decided to go with the black dress.

I heard another knock at my door knowing that it was Jacent I took one last glance at myself impressed and opened the door running in my black high heels.

"Wow. You look stunning!" Jacent beams as he sees me.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I wasn't lying he did look really good. His hair was combed back ever so slightly, he had on a Black sleek tux with a white tie.

He held out his hand for me to take. I kindly took his hand without hesitation.

We walked down to the Gymnasium sometimes stealing glances at each other but just laughing it off.

When we got there there was this huge sign that said: Welcome to the Academy Dance before Training Starts.

I thought about that title for a little while thinking they could've done better.

We walk in and immediately welcome with colorful colors and beaming music.

I looked around and noticed a couple people making out.

"Do they have to that Here?" I whispered quietly so only Jacent could hear me.

"You never know. That could be us later."

I quickly slapped Jacent arm playfully. Laughing as well.

"What I'm just speaking the truth!" He said holding his hands up in surrender.

"You keep on pushing my buttons nothing is going to happen." I say looking sternly at him.

"Whatever you say. Come on let's go find Caden and the others."

We walk around and around until we finally find them.

"Hey Lucy!" Janelle says.

"Hey Elle." I gave her that nickname. And I was the only who could call her that.

Janelle was with Caden. I didn't know anything was happening with those two. I'll have to give him the 'Protective and I'll kill if you hurt my sister talk soon'.

"How long have you guys been here?" Jacent questioned.

"About 5 minutes ago we got here right when they opened the doors." Caden replies.

"Awesome sauce." Jacent says. "I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick I'll be back."

"Me too. Always have to keep my hands clean." Janelle says walking off.

It was just Caden and I left.

"You know he's lucky to have you." I heard Caden say glancing at me.

"Jacent?" I question.

"Yeah. He might not be the person you might think this about but he's been through  a tough time and he needs someone like you to be there for him." He explains. "He always talks about how you're so beautiful and how your so different than other girls and cliché stuff. Between you and me don't tell him I told you this." He adds with a wink.

I didn't have time to respond I ran outside to see if Jacent was out there.

I saw him staring at me with a puzzled look.

"You know the party is out there right? Or-"

I cut him off with a soft kiss.

*************************************

Hey Fangirls and Fanboys. I hoped you liked this chapter. I'm sorry for the long delay. I just got Netflix and got carried away! So anyway please Vote, Comment, and Share. Byeeeeee!!!