Red Room, Purple Room

Tobias' POV

After convincing my mom to let me stay over Dylan's house, I got ready for the party instead, and put extra clothes in my gym bag so I could sleep over at Dylan's. I had to be back home in the morning and if I came home with clothes that smelled like alcohol, my life was over.

Once I got ready, I checked my phone for any texts. I had some but none from Dylan so I knew he wasn't here yet. I grabbed my phone off the charger and grabbed my bag before going downstairs.

Once I did, Rocky met me halfway up the stairs and started wagging his tail. He's a very playfully dog, to the point where he forgets he is over 60 pounds. It's something that I love and hate about him.

"Hey buddy!" I scratched the back of his ear before going into the kitchen where my dad was, "Hey dad."

"Hey, how was the first day?"

I started going over everything that happened and realized how weird my first day actually was. Every time I thought of something, Ethan was always in it but for some odd reason I didn't want to tell my dad about Ethan. So instead I told him my first day was fine and how I was heading over to Dylan's.

"Oh come on, you don't think I know about you going to that kids party? You can fool your mom but you can't fool me..."

I widened my eyes and hoped he wasn't going to make me stay home tonight, 'cause I was actually excited to go. But for a second I wondered how he even found out. Right now, provoking him was not a good idea considering he'd actually make me stay home.

Ronnie's parties were actually fun if you went with the right people. Plus he always had the best liquor.

"You're not gonna make me stay home now, are you?"

"Nah, go have fun. Not too much though. I know I said I wanted grandchildren but—"

"Dad! I'm not stupid."

"You sure?"

I felt my phone vibrate and knew it was Dylan texting me to come out.

"Bye dad..."

I left the kitchen but on my way out, I could still hear my dad chuckling as I walked out the door. Normal parents wouldn't make sex jokes, but mine do...

+

"Ronnie said its getting pretty packed." Dylan said as he drove through neighborhoods. Ronnie lived pretty far considering the larger houses were separated from the average ones like mine. The fact that his house is already getting packed and it's that big, was a problem.

"That's what you get when you invite the whole school." I joked.

He laughed while he put his signal to turn left, "Yeah, the kids nuts."

We kept driving until we saw big houses so we knew we were close. As we drove more down, all the houses had their lights turned off except one...

Can you guess?

"I'm guessing his LED lights came in the mail..." I watched as the color lights beamed through the windows.You could see the different colored lights flash through the windows and from our distance, you could faintly hear music playing from inside. I guess this is why he invited the whole school.

After searching for who knows how long, we ended up finding parking after a car drove out of one. We all got out and walked to the front door. Just like any party, the door was unlocked so we walked in and suddenly the sound of music playing, and the smell of pot got ten times stronger.