⚔ Prologue. Storm ⚔

It was an unusually dark night in Seattle, Washington, and almost every resident was indoors due to the foreboding storm clouds overhead the normally busting city. The air was tense, as if nature itself was preparing for the severe weather to come.

A lone figure walked down the abandoned street, wearing a feminine black jacket with a white t-shirt underneath. She moved at a steady pace despite the looming storm on the horizon, appearing almost eerily calm as she continued down the pavement.

Suddenly, she took a turn into an alleyway and instantly found herself surrounded by six different men, three standing on either side of the passage to block any attempts at escape. They all wore sinister grins, eyes gleaming with malice as they stared at the girl. Oddly enough, her expression remained blank, unfazed by the turn of events. Her gaze remained locked on the bottom of the alley wall, head bowed and avoiding the stares of the men.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here, boys." one of them cackled darkly, seemingly the leader of the group, "Seems like someone's gotten a little lost. Maybe we should... show her the way home."

The other five men snickered at that, some of them licking their lips hungrily.

"Whad'ya say sweetheart?" he grinned maliciously, "Wanna have some fun?"

The girl didn't reply, standing still and keeping her unflinching stare at the ground, her features shrouded by her long dark hair.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" the leader demanded harshly, his gaze narrowing angrily as she remained unmoving, "Look at me when I'm speaking, whore!"

"Run." the girl's melodic voice stated, her head never lifting, "You have to run before she comes out."

"What the hell?" one of the henchmen piped up, "Is she crazy or something?"

Finally losing patience, the leader stepped forward with a grunt, hand out shooting out to grab the girl.

Instantly, before he could make contact, she had grabbed his wrist in her own with a painfully vice-like grip, head still bowed. The man let out a painful gasp, his wrist being crushed in her hand. She turned her head to face him, and the other men fearfully backed up at step at the sight of her glowing fiery orange irises.

Powered by sheer terror, the leader unwisely attempted to swing his other arm up in a punch. The girl simply caught his fist in her other hand. In a flash, she had thrown the man to the ground, his head hitting the concrete and knocking him out instantly.

"Shame, I was looking forward to playing this game." the girl spoke up as she crouched down next to the unconscious man with a cruel smirk, her voice sounding inhumanly layered as opposed to her earlier soft tone, "But that was no fun at all."

Rain began to pound down from the skies, thunder booming in the distance. The ground was soaked within seconds from the harsh downpour.

"Who the hell is this bitch?" one of the men cried out fearfully, backing up a step.

"I'm no female dog." her features were morphed into a vicious smirk, wet hair hanging down from her face as she met the eyes of the men, "I'm more of a.... fox."

Five minutes later, the bodies of the five men laid next to their leader. Suddenly, the girl blinked, her eyes flickering briefly away from their luminescent dark orange and back to their normal brown. Her hand clutched her head, letting out a small gasp of pain and squeezing her eyes shut as she attempted to regain control. After a few moments, her eyes shot open, her irises once more their usual color. Despite her slightly ragged breathing, she was fine, completely unscathed from the earlier bought of fighting.

Drops of rainwater dripped from her hair as her gaze swept over the men. Bending down warily, she placed two fingers against the neck of one of the men and giving a sigh of relief when she felt a pulse. They may have been horrible human beings, but she didn't want to kill anyone, not even them. Luckily, she still had enough influence over her... problem to make sure she didn't murder people on the streets. The storm continued to rage on overhead, rain pouring down even more fiercely than before. She lifted her face up towards the downpour, raindrops hitting her cheeks.

"That was quite the show, Ms. Selena Donnovan."a voice interrupted suavely, and she whirled around to see a man wearing a brown trenchcoat standing a few feet behind her, "But, I do suggest taking some anger management classes for you little, ah, issue."

She didn't know who this man was, but he had known her name despite the fact that she had never seen him before in her life. He had also spoken about her 'issue' as he called it, which immediately hinted that he was dangerous. But, before she could do anything but narrow her eyes in suspicion, he had pulled out some sort of handgun, and fired, engulfing her vision in a burst of bright blue light and knocking her unconscious.