The Golden Couple - One Shot

All the characters in this one shot belong to knightsrachel This is chapter 49 (the chapter where Sophie gets slapped) in her story The Golden Couple! This is how I think Bryce's thoughts could have been in Chapter 49! Enjoy!

The Golden Couple

Chapter 49

Bryce's POV

"I mean, after everything I've done for you, you'd think that you'd finally understand that I love you. Not any of those other guys. But right now I'm not even sure about that, because this isn't the Bryce Harrison I fell in love with." She snapped at me.

My jaw fell slack as she walked away.

"Sophie!" I called out, catching up to her.

She turn back around and drawled out slowly, "Do. Not. Follow. Me."

Then she turned back around and stormed away, leaving me behind wordlessly.

I started to feel guilty. I trust Sophie with all of my life. I got the wrong message when I saw a guys arm wrapped around her shoulders and she did nothing about it. I just love her too much to loose her. Now I bet I lost her. She's right. I probably do have jealousy issues.

I asked everyone I knew if they knew where she went. No one did. After a while, I went up to the parking lot, hoping to find her there.

But instead, I find my girlfriend with the Asher guy that had his arm around her. "Of course, looking for my girlfriend and I find her with you."

Sophie turned around and fell into my arms. All of a sudden she started to sob. I tightened my arms around her. "What did you do to her?"

"You must be the boyfriend," he told me, putting his hands up in mock surrender, "dude, she came up to me like this, demanding I find my sister."

Surprisingly I believed him. I went to brush Sophie's hair out of her face, but instead, she tightens her arms around me, her sobs increasing.

"Okay," I whispered, kissing the top of her head. "It's okay Soph. I'm right here. I love you." I rubbed her back thinking that this isn't a good time to talk to her about what we said to each other.

"Did you find her?" Steven asked. "What's the matter?"

"We're going home, find Clayton." I told him.

I picked Sophie up bridal style and froze in my tracks. Sophie had a hand print on her left cheek, starting to puff up. "What happened to your face?" I asked her concerned.

Instead of answering me, she put her arms around my neck, burring her face in the crook of my neck.

"Is she alright?" Clayton said, waking up to us. "Did she get drunk?"

"Take her." I ordered Clayton.

"You want me to carry her?" He asked in disbelief.

"Her face Clayton, look at her face." He took a look at Sophie's left cheek and his face softened.

"Bryce, please don't go." Sophie sobbed, tightening her arms around me me.