Chapter 1

The school bell rings signaling the end of yet another very long school day. I get up from my desk and head out the door followed by many other classmates. The hallways are very crowded as I push my way past to get to my locker. After grabbing my backpack I head out to the buses. My bus is the last in the line up. Number 12, my lucky number. I walk down to the south west side of the school and spot my bus. It's a little more run down then the other shiny, fresh painted, yellow buses. Some of the paint is chipped off and it's a darker color then the normal, sunny, yellow bus. The seats inside are worn to the brim. Occasionally, if you sit in the back of the bus, you will find candy wrappers and gum stuck to the squeaky windows. Also there is barely any people on the bus which is totally fine with me. I see how many people get on the other buses. I prefer to not have a super loud and social bus. My bus driver seems nice. She never normally talks, just smiles showing crooked teeth. She's missing a front tooth which makes her smile a little less appealing, but I'm not going to be judging by looks. She's also very short and plump around the edges. I love my bus even if it has its share of pros and cons.

The old bus driver opens the creaky door and I step on to the bus. The old bus driver smiles at me her toothy grin. I reluctantly smile back and take a seat in the fifth row. I stare out the window and watch my best friend and a guy with dark hair walk on to the bus together laughing and talking. When my best friend, Kira gets to the fifth row she stops and smiles. "This is Blaze," she points to the guy with dark hair who looks over at me with what looks like suspicion.
"Hi I'm uh Blaze..." He stutters. His eyes are a grayish purple and I can't help but stare at them, I've never seen anyone with those color eyes.
"Um I'm Hazel," I say trying not to stare, buts it's really really hard. It's like I'm in some sort of trance because when I look at Kira she is sitting down and already has started to laugh and talk again with Blaze. There's something weird about him....

For the rest of the bus ride I sit and try to convert fractions. I keep looking over at the Blaze guy and Kira who seem to be having a really good conversation. Kira laughs and twirls a strand of chocolatey hair. I look away from them. I can't be focusing on them when I'm supposed to be doing my homework. I continue to do my fractions. The old yellow bus turns a corner lurching me and the other five kids along with it. It  finally gets to a dead end where there is only one house hidden by a long driveway. There's trees mangled together, so many that there isn't enough room for light. There's thorny bushes clumped all around and stony rocks. I feel a sudden chill up my spine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry this chapter is so short! I didn't have enough time to write a long chapter.
I will make sure it's longer next time!
-Tdog5505🐶🐾