Chapter 4: A Fun Stefan And Dead John? Is It My Birthday(?)

Start from the beginning

"You're forgiven" we shared a grin as she pulled me into a hug.

-TIME SKIP-

"Elena, do you have a band-aid? Jenna can't find any" I walked into Elena's room without knocking, and a bloody finger to see her and Stefan making out. "Oh God! I'm Sorry!" I rushed to shut the door and leave but was trapped. Stefan was holding me firmly in place against the open door, vampire features on full show.

"Stefan!" Elena called in shock and Stefan tripped back, falling against the floor, pulling a lamp down with him and breaking it.

I just held my bloody finger behind my back. "I'm gonna go, sorry for barging in!" I rushed to my room and closed the door, unable to stop my erratic breathing. Stupid Vampire!

THE NEXT DAY

I was lying on Elena's bed, staring at the childishly decorated band-aid I had found last night that was now decorating my finger. Who knew a little papercut would get Stefan so worked up? I know I'm a bleeder, but that was not the expected reaction, I thought he was in control for god's sake! I was waiting for Elena to hurry back, she'd went to answer the door and is taking her sweet time with it.

"Ah...Just like I remembered" Damon entered and looked around. "Minus you..." he pointed at me "But it's a lovely bonus."

"Stop messing around" Elena and I synced as he fell onto the space next to me on Elena's bed, and picked up her teddy bear that sat just on top of her pillows.

"You know, did you know that your uncle's been kickin' it with the founder's council?" Damon looked between me and Elena.

Her "What?" was paired with my laugh and "John?" he's too much of an idiot to be on the council, are you kidding?

"Yep" Damon popped his p.

"Perfect. We'll just add it to the growing list of how everything's falling apart" didn't I tell you she could be overdramatic.

"What happened right there?" Damon pointed the stuffed bear's paw at the lamp Stefan broke last night, Elena had pushed the pieces out of the way and put them on a chair.

"Uh, nothing" Elena answered when she saw what he had pointed out, Damon gave her a look. Christ is she obvious. "Look, Damon, I-I'm worried about Stefan. He says that everything is ok, but he's clearly struggling. How long is it gonna take before he's back to normal?"

"Few days, give or take" Damon said in a nonchalant tone.

"It's been a few days" I pointed out.

"Give, then. I don't know. What's the big deal" Damon stood up from the bed.

"He's not himself, Damon" Elena tried to convince Damon to help.

"Well, maybe his problem is he's spent too long not being himself" Damon handed Elena the bear and moved towards her dresser draws, she threw the bear at me and turned to him. He started rooting through the top draw, producing a bra that was quickly snatched from him.

"Please don't make me sorry for asking you" Elena shut the draw.

"It is what it is, Elena" he took a picture that was decorating her mirror.

"Hey" she tried to get it back but he continued walking.

"The Stefan you know was 'Good Behavior' Stefan, 'Reign It In' Stefan, 'Fight Against His Nature To An Annoyingly Obsessive Level' Stefan, but if you think there's not another part to this, then you have not been paying attention. Tsk, tsk, tsk" he joked and tutted at her.