Chapter 8

Dahmiere

            After all that crying and blood, we were in the emergency room watching the doctor take the bullet out of my grandmother's arm. I was so mad and my dad and grandpops was laughing. As soon as the doctor left, I started going off.

"Why did you pass out like that nana? I thought you were dead!"

"He sure did you should've seen him, crying with snot coming out of her nose and everything" My grandpops said and him and my dad started laughing.

"Awe well at least that shows who loves me the most" they stopped laughing.

"Mama i-"My dad tried saying but my grandmother cut him off.

"Shut up, I'm ready to go home" She tried getting up but my grandfather made her stay put. "Get your hands off of me Harold" She yelled hitting him.

"No Gloria, if you don't sit yo black ass down imma-"

"You gonna what?" Now it was my time to laugh. My grandfather gave me a glare and the nurse came in. I looked at the girl and damn she was bad but she looked hella familiar.

"Okay Mrs. J-"

"Girl, Call me Gloria"

"Okay Mrs. Gloria, you're free to go just sign here" She gave my grandmother the papers. My grandma signed them and we all left. The whole ride my grandmother was talking about the nurse, who I found out name, was Mandi.

                                                .........................................

When we got back to the house, I saw that nigga from yesterday laughing with all his homies.

"Pops, imma see you later, I gotta deal with something" I told him and he saw I was staring at the boy.

"Aiight, imma be in here" I nodded my head and walked over to the boy. He was trying to spit game at some chick and I hooked him. He held his mouth on the floor.

"You wanna do drive by's huh little nigga?" I yelled "Get yo ass up" I grabbed him and pulled him up. I punched the nigga once again and he decided to fight back. We were going back and forth and soon a whole crowd came around.

"Get the fuck off my brother!" Some bitch yelled jumping on my back as I was throwing blows to her brothers' face as he was on the ground. I slammed her ass and realized it was Mandi. She started crying and holding her head and I got off of her brother. I just left them niggas there and went into my grandparents' house.

"Dahmiere what's- Oh my gosh Dahmiere, why are you covered in blood" I ignored my grandma and went up to the room. I heard the police sirens and ambulance and decided to lock the door. A couple minutes later, my grandmother was at the door.

"Little boy if you don't open this door, Imma kick it down and beat your ass!" She screamed.

"Just go away nana"

"This is my house, I'm not going anywhere, Harold, come get this boy for I hurt em!" My grandfather came and my then my father. I opened the door and my grandma came in hitting me with a broom. "Didn't I tell you to open this door!" She yelled hitting me after every word. My grandfather took the broom from her.

"Why did you slam Mandi?" She asked.

"Nana, she hopped on me" I tried to explain.

"You need to apologize, she's downstairs"

"But her brother tried to kill us"

"Were here, aren't we?" She questioned and I nodded my head. I went downstairs and saw Mandi and apologized and explained to her everything and she apologized.

"Okay, now that that's solved, come get you something to eat girl, you need some meat on your bones" My grandmother said to Mandi. She laughed and stood up. I think she had meat in all the right places.