┏✿┛
indigo

Today was the usual. You came back with a stained shirt. But, you came back with purple again? Did you lose interest in helping me?

"No! This is indigo."

Indigo? Isn't that color a "fake" one? It's in a rainbow, but people say it's disregarded. Why did you bother to show me this color?

"No reason in particular!"

You smiled at me and kissed my forehead. Leaving me with your shirt, you gave me time to think on my own.

Did you give me this color, to show that not all things are just as it is? Like how purple could have a cousin named indigo? That indigo should be accepted like how purple is? Should I accept a color that's combined from two?

"Indigo is a mixed color."

It has no literal meaning, does it? It just follows the rainbow, hopelessly wishing to be recognized as something nice.

Is it.... Like me? Because I can't see the world of how beautiful it is, I'm just trying my best to become like the rest? Was that what you tried to portray to me?

"Please stop getting purple on your skin."

I said that again today, and you nodded me off. Are you not scared? Are you just not afraid? Do you think it's like indigo, a thing not to be noticed?

"I promise, I'm okay."

Indigo is blue and purple. That means, either it started from blue and met purple, or purple met blue and they clashed. Either way, they fought and became one. Are you waiting for that blue to clash with you?

Indigo is the forgotten.

Indigo is the follower.

Indigo is the mix.

Indigo is the left-out.

You're waiting for your blue. Am I that blue? Will I have to meet you? I can't clash with you. I can't. You're purple is dark, and me being the darkest color yet could make me lose you. I can't.

Indigo is the me running after you in pain.