Passion for swimming

“The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.” That was what exactly Jiha’s expectations rose up to. She even detested herself, for being so slow at times, for the lack of energy within her body when she was in the water. Swimming was her passion. Jiha inherited her father's fondness for swimming.The enjoyment of the gust and agony within the precise movements by national swimmers had served as a form of inspiration. Jiha’s collection of self-timings may vary from time to time, for the worse or for the better.

A talent left undiscovered. Sighing, Jiha resolved in attaining some peace, having nostalgic moments of secondary school life where nobody noticed her, for she was not popular being the only girl in the swimteam while others were in choir, cheerleading and others.

Knowing she could never change all that, Jiha then proceeded back to her room. Her passion for swimming grew larger and larger each day. In fact, it became the only thing she thinks about on a daily basis as her training was on most days. People thought of her as a weirdo. There was not much of a life for her, for all she does in her spare time was either to workout at the gym or self-training at the pool.

The competition day was nearing, and as you could imagine, she trained and ignored everyone else, consistently drinking sports drinks and eating healthy foods.  Finally the day came. She warmed herself up confidently and saw that the other competitors were not that muscular. Jiha actually thought she had a shot of winning. The gunshot holds no fear for her. As soon as it went off, she sprang into the water and gave her best shot.

To her utter disappointment, she had a slight muscle cramp near the finishing line. That tore her apart which put her in the third position. Feeling as though all hope was lost, she started to look things in a different angle. Jiha then joined the drama club which taught her that emotions could be expressed through acting, and she loved every moment of being in the club. Yes, swimming was still her passion but she knew not to concentrate too much on it. So Jiha took a break, working on her acting skills as another hobby.

Her passion for swimming still exists though not that much as before and Jiha is friendlier towards people. Everyone loved her brand new attitude and she too enjoyed it. Sure, when it was time to practice swimming, she still put her heart and soul and was not so shy anymore.