Ritsu VIII

"Creep." He whispers, as his eyes were still closed.

I jolted back from my position.

"Wanna go somewhere?" He suggests.

"Where to?"

"A place I spend a lot of time hanging around and thinking."

... "I guess it's fine."

We took the train, and reached our destination not far from where we were from. Walked a few miles.

"Here we are." He breathed in.

The beach. It was average. the sunset reflected on the ocean, the breeze was gentle and the sand felt fine.

"I guess it's a pretty awesome place."

Rin sat down, and picked something. It looked like a seashell.

"Do you know where these little things come from?" He showed me a pink one.

"The ocean?" obviously...

"That's right, the sea."

" The sea is vast you know, and when one shell gets stranded in the sand... They think they can't return anymore."

"Are you being philosophical...?" I said sarcastically. He just gave me a poker face. "Yeah, please continue"

He flipped the shell around in his hand, over and over.
"Look. These little creatures think they're lost, and alone. When there's so many out there in the same situation as them." He looked at me before he resumed on talking. "All they need is the wave to pull them back."

I nodded as a response. I understand what he was saying. I understand it well.

"So I was the shell? And you were the wave?" I asked in curiosity. His phrases sounded like a metaphor though.

"It's actually the other way around." He grinned.

The sun had completely set and the sky had turned dark. The wave and the birds are the only things to listen at the minute.

"I thought it was better this way. I thought it was better running away from how I feel, by hiding them." the darkness couldn't hide the spark in his eyes.

"But you showed me no fear to not keep these emotions, you never pulled me back in the waves, but pushed further to see that there were more... More shells besides me!"

He caught a few breaths after the long sentences he had just said.

I wanted to laugh. Oh how it was hilarious.

It was hilarious we had the same views, perception upon each other...

Without even thinking about it, I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck.

Without saying anything either, he tightly hugged back.

...

...

I didn't realize it... And I don't want to. But I had already fallen.

"Wanna switch?"

.

.

.

.

"I want to..."

I think...

I fell inlove with Rin.

"Tell me, who are we kidding?"

"no one." He whispered.

Sometimes, those little bickers we had... I didn't want to miss them.