“Mommy, I like this shirt!” Tanner exclaimed as he held up a gray t-shirt with a yellow dumptruck on the front. “Can I get it?”

                “Yeah, bub,” Abbey replied, happy for the distraction, though her gaze kept being drawn back toward Julian and Ernest. “Yeah I think that’s a really nice shirt.”

***

                “So you’re telling me that she’s the mate to both of you?” Ernest asked with wide eyes. Julian’s nod brought a low whistle from the older man’s mouth. “That’s….interesting.

                “It’s what we expected. Marcus and I were born sharing a soul. It wouldn’t make sense for us to have two soul mates when every soul only has one mate,” Julian replied, wishing he could be close to Abbey instead of standing here talking to Ernest.

                Damn Marcus for sending the woman his way smelling so tempting! Julian could still smell the scent of her arousal, her juices, her passion and it was driving him mad. When he’d gone in the barn and had words with his brother, Marcus had done nothing but laugh. Apparently the other man thought it was funny. Funny! There wasn’t a single thing funny about it.

                “How does she feel about this?” Ernest questioned. Julian saw the sales keeper, a teenage girl fresh out of high school that Julian had seen around but couldn’t remember the name of, approach Abbey and the pups.

                “Undecided,” Julian grumbled, swallowing hard and trying to keep his wolf from leaping at Abbey when she bent down to pick up a shirt that Tanner dropped. “She worries what people will think.”

                “Well of course she does! She’s a mother of two small kids and folks are gonna talk if they know she’s shaking up with…” Julian’s eyes shot daggers at Ernest and the man swallowed hard, held up his hands and shook his head, “I don’t think nothing bad of her, I’m just saying what other people might think.”

                “I don’t care one way or the other what people think and neither does Marcus. She won’t either… not once she falls in love with us.”

                “So you’re thinking love… what’s Marcus thinking?” Ernest asked.

                Julian sighed, “You know Marcus. He doesn’t talk about his feelings.”

                Ernest nodded and rubbed his cheek, “Well I wish you the best of luck with all of this. I don’t want to keep you from the lady any longer because you seem eager to get back to her but her truck is ready. I saw you drive into town so I figured I’d let you know.”

                “Thanks Ernest. We’ll pick it up once we’re done here in town.”

                Ernest nodded, patted Julian on the back and left the store.