“Yay!” Audrey exclaimed as she clambered from the truck and adjusted her shirt. “Mommy, can I buy some pretty dresses for school?”

                Abbey sent a questioning glance in Julian’s direction and then smiled at her daughter, “You’ll have to ask Julian, babydoll. He and Marcus are the ones buying everything.”

                “You can get whatever you want,” Julian replied as he scooped the smaller than average six year old onto his hip and kissed her hair.

                Abbey felt a tug in her heart as she watched the heartwarming scene. Audrey deserved that. She deserved a father that would love her, cuddle her and show her the way a man should treat her…. If Abbey chose to accept the brother’s proposal her children would have two fathers just like that…. But what would others have to say to them about their mother being with two men.

                For every positive she found there seemed to be yet another negative. If only they lived on an island all alone where no one else’s opinion would ever effect their lives.

                “I still don’t feel right about this,” Abbey said as they stepped into the store. “I don’t want to take advantage…”

                Julian sat Audrey down, “Go find some clothes you like little ones,” he urged and she ran off with Tanner on her heels. Julian stepped close to Abbey and took her hands in his sending little tremors of awareness to dance across her skin. “You are not taking advantage of anything and while I have more patience than my brother even I’m ready to lose my temper.”

                “Why?” Abbey demanded with confusion.

                Julian sighed as he shook his head and his dark hair fell across his brow, “Taking care of you, providing for you, is something that Marcus and I need to do.”

                “Sounds pretty sexist to me,” Ernest’s voice spoke up from behind them.

                He was chuckling as Julian and Abbey both spun to look at him, “Sexist or not, that’s just the way it is. The wolves in us won’t have it any other way,” Julian replied and Ernest’s eyes widened.

                “Really? So you found your mate then?”

                Abbey felt herself redden as Ernest gave her a once over and Julian’s grip on her hand tightened, “Yes.”

                Ernest laughed, his belly bouncing with the movement, “That’s great! But I would have sworn she was Marcus’s mate….”

                “Actually,” Julian began and Abbey pulled her hand away from him.

                “I’m going to go help the kids,” she squeaked before practically running away across the store. Here it came.  Now the whole town was going to know that her fate in life was to be a mate to not one but two werewolves!