Goddamnit

It's not my fault... say what you will, but it's not my fault.

Alright, maybe it is... but everybody makes mistakes! I just didn't expect sleeping through an alarm to fuck up my day as bad as it did.... I'll start from the beginning.

Earlier

Fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk... Monday... I have to get up... do I really need an education though? do I actually need an education? Shit... if I don't get up then Chloe would be alone, on a Monday no less! Damn it... be an awesome friend or get much needed sleep?

Looks like it didn't matter anyway! I'm still late as all fuckery. Ah well, schools empty anyway... that's... that's kind of weird actually..

Fuck it.

I'm walking away.

I'll find Chloe, then I'm walking away.

Oh, there she is! huh... convenient, whatever.

"Chloe!! Sup? Why're you running? Oh, okay, I guess I'm running too then!", my words came in a rush as I was dragged by my long-time friend, Chloe.

"N-no time to, to explain! We *huff* have, we have to run!", her words were almost intelligible, what was she trying to say?

"Hey, hey! Whoa, I'm not running any-fucking-where until you explain what the FUCK is going on? why is no one here? why are we running of all things? RUNNING CHLOE!"

She stopped pulling me, although, that might have been because I dug my heels into the ground. She looked desperate, wide eyed and whipping her head about.

"Chloe, listen to me, whatever is going on, I'll fix it, alright!"

"No, no! You don't understand! This isn't something you can fix! Bethan, we have to run! T-the school, Bethan, its been overrun by... by these things! They're acting like zombies Bethan!" she was still looking about, her long hair going into my face.

"Chloe, calm down! We'll fix I- ZOMBIES?! B-but... what the fuck?" I swiped her hair away from my face and sputtered. Zombies? How would I have not heard about this? Me? That doesn't matter right now, Chloe is hysterical and I have to calm her down... I wont get answers otherwise.

"Take a breather, calm down and tell me, what's going on?" Normally my voice is croaking, a noticeably deep voice for a girl, but right now I'm glad that it has such a calm and monotone sound. I could see her visibly relax and I sighed internally.

"Okay, thank you! But, I don't know how to describe what's going on... Bethan, I think it's zombies! What do we do?! I ran into a couple when I got here this morning, I tried to call you, you didn't pick up!"

I facepalmed... of course I didn't answer... I was asleep. Goddamnit!

"I'm sorry, I was asleep! but... Are you sure it's zombies? Like, real zombies?" I took her by the shoulders and lightly shook her. Zombies... could it be true? The undead roaming the Earth... I... I don't... I think I should be sad... but, in all honesty... hahaha... HAHAHA!

"B-Bethan, what are you doing?! Why are you laughing?! You're attracting them!! Bethan, STOP!!" she slapped me... she slapped me, fuck. What am I doing, attracting the fucking zombies?!

"I- yeah, I'm sorry. Alright, first things first, we need to get the fuck out of here! We're going to my house, any objections?" she shook her head vigorously, good.

But... I still can't help but feel weird about this... if I had woken up earlier, if I had gotten my lazy ass out of bed, would this still have happened? would my friend be in tears and panicked if I had just been there? Right now, that doesn't matter, all that matters is getting home and making a plan...

Fuck that sounds like a lot of work...

Present

So, what did I tell ya? It's not my fault... I just should of gotten up earlier, that's all! But, I'm not about to make the same mistake twice. I'm going to get us home and I'm going to make a plan...

Sup!! This is Bethan! Not gonna lie, not expecting many reads, but I wrote it sooooo, here it is!! Enjoy!! ^-^