17; Lunch dates, new relationships, and hatred

Start from the beginning

"Nope. I think I'm gonna stay here."

"Stay here?" Brittany cries. "Like, at the dorms? You're ridiculous. No one ever stays here during the holidays."

I turn to her, taking in her stunning cheekbones and fluttering eyelashes. She really is fit. "Maybe I'll be the first then."

She slides in closer to me, and I can smell the faint scent of her flowery perfume. "Come with me," she says quietly to me, "to Canada."

I almost choke. "Canada? Brit, there's no way."

She strokes my arm with her fingers. "Why not?" She pouts.

Damn. So much self-control is needed when I'm around Brittany. It takes everything inside of me to not just bang her right there. "I just can't, babe," I tell her.

She places a small kiss on the side of my neck. "Okay," she breathes, planting another kiss on my jawbone. "As long as you're sure..."

I close my eyes as she plants more kisses all along my neck and jaw, and when I open them again, I see Violet heading towards me from the end of the hall. But she's not alone. Liam's with her.

As Brittany continues to kiss the shit out of me, I stand watching Violet and Liam. Something seems odd about them both. First of all, Violet's smiling. And I've never seen her do that. And, is it just me, or are they kinda too close?

And then I see it; Liam leaning over and pecking Violet on the cheek. I almost fall over as the two join hands and huddle in close together. All eyes are on them as they walk down the hall and as Violet passes me she gives me a shy look.

"What. The. Fuck," I say aloud.

"Oh, my gosh!" Brittany screams beside me. "That slut!"

"Are Liam and Violet dating?" I hear someone ask me.

"Fuck off. No," I snap.

Violet gives me one last look as she and Liam turn the corner and I just catch a glimpse of Liam kissing her again.

The rest of the students in the hall stand in awe, still struck from what we just saw. Brittany slaps my arm. "Can you believe it? They can't be dating. As if!"

I can't believe it myself. Violet dating Liam? But why? How? Why? The bell rings and I realise I have Chemistry. I turn to Brittany hurriedly as for once, I want to get to class. "I gotta go," I say, leaning over and kissing her lips. "I'll catch you later."

"Wait, Zayn-"

I don't even wait to hear her reply. I run down the hall.

-----

"Oh, come on," I groan. Every other damn class Violet gets here in the first five seconds the bell rings, and today she has to take her sweet ass time? I tap my fingers agitatedly on the desk, my eyes fixed on the door.