Jeu, Set et Match

Leaving the hotel he was staying at, Richard walked down the streets. He was on his way for a meeting and he was hoping everything would go well. His plane landed the day before and he would lie if he said that he hadn't enjoy the long night of sleep.
He had a little time before the meeting and he really needed caffeine. He stopped in the first coffee shop he found.

Turning left when he had to, he was surprised to see so many people at the same place and by the noise coming from their direction. Curious, he went to see what was going on.

" So I have to run and go all Parkour on this scene ? " you asked the director. " Yes, like Henry's gonna be right in front of you, pointing a gun at you. Your characther is bold, insane and you know he won't shoot you. I want you to let go of yourself and become your character and do what she would do. " he answered.

" Can you give me five to analyse the perimeter and see what I can do ? " you requested. " Of course, we wouldn't want you to get hurt "
You thanked him and moved. For this scene you were outside, in the Manhattan streets and the least you could say was that there was a lot of people watching the shooting. You waved your hand and smiled to greet them. " When we're done with this, I'll come over " you shouted at them.

Richard found a spot in the middle of the crowd and watched. Quickly he saw you, talking with Henry Cavill and it looked like you were exchanging instructions for the scene you were suppose to shoot. Then you walked around the perimeter and looked everywhere with focus.

" OK I think I'm good Liam ! Let me try it once and I'll be ready " he heard you shout. Henry positioned himself in front of you with a gun that he pointed at you. You gave him a nodd and moved forward, avoided the weapon and putting your hands on his shoulder you lifted your body in a handstand.

Then, you let your body fell behind his back and landing on your feet with grace. Without losing any time you started to run towards the wall in front of you, jumped, put a feet in the middle of it and with an impulsion, grabbed the top of it, lifting your body once again.

Richard was amazed. He knew you had always wanted to be able to parkour but never thought that you'd actually do it. Grabbing his phone he saw that it was time for him to go before getting late.

You were satisfied with your day when you got back to the hotel you were staying at but your smile didn't stayed long on your face. In the hall, you spotted Lily, your agent and friend, talking with someone. Someone that, even blind, deaf and turning his back on you you'd recognize anywhere : Richard.

You were ready to look at your feet and pretend that you didn't see them when Lily saw you. She gave you a little smile and you couldn't run anymore." See you found a friend " you told her " Liam said we'll be filming until late tomorrow 'cause we'll need the night to shoot the chasing scene "

" I'm not worried [Y/N], I know you don't always need me to be behind you " she smiled at you. You nodded and excused yourself " That's why I'm your favorite. Gotta go, have a good evening, see ya. Richard. "

Richard was sitting at the bar of the hotel with a scotch in front of him. He was lost in his mind when he heard your voice. " Whiskey neat. Please. " you asked sitting down on a bar stool.

You thanked the barman when he gave you the drink and after that, it was complete silence. You and Richard were both aware of each other's presence but none of you said anything.

When your glass was empty, you put it back on the counter and got up, ready to leave. Without thinking about it or even realising it, Richard grabbed your wrist. You stopped dead in your tracks. You didn't look back at him, you kept your attention on the wall.

" Can we talk ? " he asked. " I have nothing to say " you answered. " Fine, I talk and you listen " " Sure, that's exactly what I wanted to do with my evening " you scoffed but knowing he wouldn't give up you yielded " You have ten minutes "

You didn't know if it was a good idea but you knew the only way to get rid of him was to listen to whatever he had to say. Closing the door of his hotel room behind you, you leaned against it, your arms crossed over your chest.

" So, you wanted to talk, here I am. Talk. " you said. " Don't do that " Richard said looking at you. You raised an eyebrow " Do what ? " " That, putting on a brave mask, hiding behind it. Lying to everyone. "

" Don't call me a liar and don't tell me how to behave. It it's all you wanted to tell me, it was pointless " you answered. " Go ahead tell me I'm wrong. I dare you to tell me that you are truly happy. "

He was trying to get under your skin and he knew exactly how to do it. Taking a step forward, you were getting angry " Don't you play that game " He gave you an innocent look " What game ? " " You know exactly what I'm talking about. "

" Lily is my new agent " he said out of nowhere. " That explains why you're here and why I saw you talking. I'm genuinely happy for you, she's amazing and at least she doesn't turn you into a machine. " you answered. He sat down on a chair and folded his hands like he always do when being serious.

" You were right. About everything and I should've listen to you. You have no idea about how much I regret what I did. It has been months [Y/N]. We spent four years together and now we just spent months apart and I can't. I can't take it. Everything is falling apart, I am falling apart. I love you [Y/N], and I never felt like this about anyone but you in my whole life. I love you and I always will. I need you. It's you and no one else, no matter how many woman are on this planet or have crossed my path, there's only you. You drive me crazy, you drive me out of my mind and I don't feel like I'm living if you're not with me. I. . . I just can't do it without you [Y/N] " he confessed.

That was absolutely not what you had expected from him and you couldn't stop the tear from rolling down your cheek. He got up and came closer to you. You stepped backwards until your back hit the door. His forehead against yours and his eyes closed, he was breathing heavily. " Please, say something " he whispered.

You turned around to open the door but you felt his chest against your back and his hand on the door to stop you from opening it. " Please, I'm begging you, say something " from the sound of his voice, you knew he was about to break down and it was something you had never seen.

You looked at him and your hand found it's way on his cheek. He gave in into the touch and opened his eyes looking at you. " I loved you. I still do and I aways will. But you walked out on me. You chose your career over me. You betrayed me. You broke my heart." you were stuttering.

He was on his knees, his arms around your middle with your hand in his hair. " I'm sorry Richard. I love you, but you broke my heart and right now I can't. I'm not throwing you out of my life, you can stay, but I need time. I need to know that I can trust you again and it will take time. "

You unlocked yourself from his grip and made your way to the door. Right before leaving, you stopped and looked at him. He was already looking at you. " Take all the time you, but please [Y/N], come back to me "

You nodded " You've been honest with me tonight so I owe you the same, either way I know I'll feel guilty. " He was confused " What is it [Y/N] ? "

And with three last words you left him alone with his thoughts and went back to your room. " I'm pregnant "