Chapter 5-

My first week at school went by like a breeze, and before I knew it, it was the weekend. Sunny, bright and not many clouds either.

       "Tasuku." I knocked on the door of his room.

        "Come in." I heard from inside.

     When entering, I came across the well-known buddy police officer....
with pants, but no shirt on!

        My face brightened and I froze.

               "What's wrong?"

          "W-WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A SHIRT ON!!!" I screamed. Tasuku had to cover his ears.

        Tasuku shushed me, by putting a hand over my mouth. "If you yell that loud, people are gonna get the wrong idea."

        My blush deepened. His chest was so close to my face!

        "Put a shirt on already!! Besides, I thought you didn't care what others think of you!!!" I whispered.
"Am I interrupting something?" I turned my head to see Jack in the doorway of Tasuku's room, looking quite amused. I didn't think it was funny! I thought it was absolutely embarrassing!

      Tasuku and I stated in plain voices,"it's not what it looks like."

      Once Tasuku finally, picked out a shirt, I returned into the room.

        "Sometimes, I feel like your taking the whole flirting thing a little too far." Jack complained.

      "We weren't flirting!!" I told him, sighing afterwards.

      "Yeah ok."

        "Anyway, I wanted you," I whispered the next part, "but hopefully not Jack, " I continued," to come to the mall with me."

"Sure, but what for?" Tasuku asked.

         "I want to learn how to buddyfight!" I declared. Tasuku had a wide grin on his face.

         "Alright, let's go."

        So, after we were ready to go, me and Tasuku, headed out to the same mall I almost robbed.

        "W-why h-here?" I hid behind Tasuku's back.

         "This is the closet buddyfight shop in town. Besides, this is where I got my deck."

         "R-really?" I kept stuttering as we walked inside the shop. Maybe the owner had forgotten about me...

          "Hey! It's that thief chick!" The shop owner announced. So much for him forgiving and forgetting.

          "Don't worry, I've brought her here on buddy police business." Tasuku assured him. I'm starting to feel bad for Tasuku having to cover for me.

        "A-alright, what brings you here?" The manager wondered.

             I stepped up. "I need a deck."

             The manager of the buddyfight shop looked at me confused, but didn't refuse a paying customer.

          "So, I'd say the first step of becoming an official buddyfighter, is to know what world your fighting for."

         "We've got a lot of different worlds to choose from, like.."

I accidentally interrupted him. "Legend world!"

I've been putting a lot of thought into what world i was going to fight with, even before I had robbed this store and met Tasuku.

        "Gotcha. So, pick out a good balance of monster and item cards."

       I quickly left to the section where Legend world cards were being held and while shuffling through the cards, Tasuku was looking over my shoulder.

"What? I'm trying to concentrate here!"
"Just wondering if you needed any help."
"No thank you. Move along." I waved for Tasuku to go away, but he wouldn't budge.
"Sorry, can't do that." Tasuku told me and I pouted.
He patted me on the head..AGAIN! He really needs to stop doing that. I blushed madly.

         "G-get your hand off my head!" I ordered, and he obeyed.

        At that moment, a something lit up from under a table. I ducked down and crawled under the table, to find a lonely card, bent and covered in dust.

       "What are you doing?" Tasuku asked, climbing under the table to see what I was looking at.

        "Woah! What is it? An illegal buddy monster?"

        "Possibly, but it looks hurt." I sighed sadly, hoping the card would be alright.

        "H-hello? I-Is anybody there?" A voice came from the card and I bet it was talking to us.
        "H-hi." I said, getting up from under the table with the card. Tasuku followed.

         "So,it's a girl huh?"  

         "Yes, a girl indeed." Two voices, male and female came from the card.

         "May we ask you a favor?" My eyes widened, realizing...they really were talking to me.

       I blew the dust off the card and I could finally see the card clearly. It had a picture of a girl and boy in shiny purple armor, both with black hair. Their armor sparkled in the sunlit shop.

        "What's the favor?" I wondered, still not believing my eyes.

         "We wanna buddyfight!" The two voices demanded.

"Buddyfight?!"

        "Mr.shopkeeper!" I yelled, running over to him.

         "May I take this deck out to buddyfight? I promise I'll bring it back!" I declared, but the man looked at me with an unsure face. Maybe, he thought I was trying to take another card.

        "Don't worry, like I said before, I'll be watching her." Tasuku had by back once again.
Tasuku pulled out his entire deck and held it up to my face, like the first time we met.
"Yuki, I challenge you...to a buddyfight!" A wide grin grew on my face.

                   "Let's do this thing!"

    Two chapters in one day! Hope you guys enjoyed them and are looking forward to Chapter 6 Tasuku Vs. Yuki.